• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Big Green Egg Smoked Ribs

I honestly cant recall how it happened when the fire shot out of the bottom vent. I will say I have been known to put the leaf blower on the bottom vent to get the temp up fast when reverse searing steaks, and the "volcano egg" effect aint no joke lol. You can give ribs a quick sear at the end directly (after you've done them indirect) to help the bark too..just gotta be watch and flip as needed so the sauce doesn't burn. This works well too with Boston Butt.

I want to try reverse searing a 2-3in bone-in ribeye using the Green Egg and my Weber Genesis grill.

Oh hell yea. Nice taste in grills bro! I gotta take my damn egg hinges and rings apart tomorrow and get the dome realigned with the base. I haven't been able to get it right since I moved it..had to abort a frikin chicken cook tonight. Sigh..gotta Boston butt on deck in the fridge too..rrrrrr

Oh hell yea. Nice taste in grills bro! I gotta take my damn egg hinges and rings apart tomorrow and get the dome realigned with the base. I haven't been able to get it right since I moved it..had to abort a frikin chicken cook tonight. Sigh..gotta Boston butt on deck in the fridge too..rrrrrr

Ahhh the one bad thing about the Green Egg......moving it. Heavy, awkward shaped, and no where to grab to lift.

I hit upload picture, choose my picture library, choose the picture, then hit post. It also give you option when creating a thread if you want thumbnails or fullsize pictures on your post. I'm using a iPhone and iPad if it makes a difference using an android device.

image.jpeg

I hit upload picture, choose my picture library, choose the picture, then hit post. It also give you option when creating a thread if you want thumbnails or fullsize pictures on your post. I'm using a iPhone and iPad if it makes a difference using an android device.

View attachment 1269004

Thanks man. I appreciate your help. I never paid attention to that button before.

Back
Top Bottom