• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Big Green Egg Smoked Ribs

Got my egg's hinge and rings dialed in yesterday and it ran like a top on a 15 hour Boston butt cook. There's still a good bit off lump charcoal left too.

I used a sweet old Wagner cast iron Dutch oven for a drip pan and to raise the grid..worked great!

Attachments

• 20170806_093545.jpg
    20170806_093545.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 15
Where did you get it. I always try something different with them. Last time l bought cheap sauce and ruined them. Shame on me saved 3 dollars on sauce and ruined 50 dollars in ribs. They were edible but not by much

DADI03 DADI03 I will buy you some of that rub if you smoke them next week. I'll even buy the beer. Whatever it takes for me to win the weight loss thing we are doing!

DADI03 DADI03 I will buy you some of that rub if you smoke them next week. I'll even buy the beer. Whatever it takes for me to win the weight loss thing we are doing!

I have three big growing boys. Food in this house moves quick. If I'm worried about eating something bad if l can resist for a couple hours it gets eaten. Except for the coke. It was known coke was dad's if you drank it you died.

225. I run that or 300 and results are pretty darn close..300 just finishes faster and you get a little better bark

Nothing better than some good bark. I'll try the higher heat net time.
I have some marinated flank steak ready for the grill this weekend.

I need to perfect the recipes for football season.

Here's a few favorites.. carne azada..squeeze a few limes and crushed garlic, and can or two of herrada salsa in a can (not sure how it's spelled but the hot one is good) marinate for about 6 hours in a zip lock...rub black pepper and salt and garlic , grill direct over medium to high heat, you can putilize a little of the salsa mix on it as you grill it ..always liked that one! Hmmm another good one is take a big pork tenderloin crush up a can or two of canned pineapple, add some hot sauce..rub the tender loin however you like..I like brown suger salt cinnamon, paprika, a little Chipotle and black pepper..stretch each strip of a pack of bacon and put the tenderloin in the middle..stuff as much of the pinapple chutney" between the tenderloin halves then wrap the bacon around it and tie or pin them closed with tooth pics. Cook indirect 300..pull and slice so each piece has a bacon wrapped around it..ooooeee. that's good with chopped apple too.
Wings: indirect at 600 to 700, I do a jerk rub..grill about 7 to 8 minutes, flip then cook another 7 or 8.temp will drop but that's fine. When you arrange them on the grill keep the meaty sides inward..takes some practice but good lord when you nail that one it's amazing. For sauce orange marmalade simmered with a little Worcester and or sirrache sauce..damn I want to cook some now!

They take some tweaks and your own touch but there are great baselines!

Jalapeños stuffed with sirloin cheddar (or any cheese) and chopped onion and wrapped in bacon are good too. Need to pin the top of the pepper back on..big red Jalapeños are the best if you can find em..direct,.raised grid medium heat..those deep fried in beer batter with a little panko are awesome too!

Oh, be ready to cap the wings as they will flare up and a big drip pan or Tin foil underneath the wings on the player setter (can add a pizza stone on top of the plate setter too..if the grease catches fire on the plate setter or stone...your bummed lol)

I had a few pic..here's the tenderloin with apples instead of pineapples, a big Green tortilla warmer lol and Sweetwater 420 brined scallops and tenderloin on fire wires

Attachments

• 20170808_234956.png
    20170808_234956.png
    359.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20170808_235123.png
    20170808_235123.png
    220.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20170808_235035.png
    20170808_235035.png
    468.4 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom