• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Big Green Egg Table

I want an egg ,now i gotta buy a damn table too..

I ended up just buying the large egg and the cast-iron platesetter. They wanted $500 for their cypress table, which they had 15% off on, but I still didn't want to spend $425 for the table. To me all the side-tables that attach to the Egg look cheap. I don't need a ton of space, but I think a table is worth a couple hundred more dollars long-term.

I built my own GBE table using pressure treated lumber from Home Depot in the clearance section. Between the lumber and hardware, screws, lag bolts, etc etc, cost was under $50. I already had the 4 casters. I picked up a 1/4 inch thick 24 inch diameter steel plate at Roswell recycle to sit the egg on. weighs in at a hefty 150 lbs +/-, but it will withstand the test of time.

I built my own GBE table using pressure treated lumber from Home Depot in the clearance section. Between the lumber and hardware, screws, lag bolts, etc etc, cost was under $50. I already had the 4 casters. I picked up a 1/4 inch thick 24 inch diameter steel plate at Roswell recycle to sit the egg on. weighs in at a hefty 150 lbs +/-, but it will withstand the test of time.

People bash the pine tables for some reason. Most are made of cypress.

A quality table under $400 that you don't have to assemble or finish is going to be difficult to find. There is not really a problem with the treated pine tables. I personally use cypress because of the way it looks and my tables would difficult to build out of treated pine. Plus, my insurance company will not cover a food preparation surface contrusted from treated pine. I know that there are thousand of tables made treated pine and you would probally have to eat a 2x4, but that's their rules.

A quality table under $400 that you don't have to assemble or finish is going to be difficult to find. There is not really a problem with the treated pine tables. I personally use cypress because of the way it looks and my tables would difficult to build out of treated pine. Plus, my insurance company will not cover a food preparation surface contrusted from treated pine. I know that there are thousand of tables made treated pine and you would probally have to eat a 2x4, but that's their rules.

I don't mind an unfinished one if all I have to do is put a couple coats on it

Back
Top Bottom