• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Big heads up for CPAP users

I got a cpap about a year ago. It’s a resmed machine. I got it after encouragement from my wife….

I hated it. I tried multiple different masks but it was unbearable and I felt like I was in a torture chamber. I never slept well and eventually gave up. I was hopeful however, and went outside my comfort zone to actually talk to a doctor. When they tested me before receiving the machine they did say I had a massive number of “episodes” at night. But I just can’t do it. So there is sits, in the bag in the shelf. Brand new.

A guy that works for me has this model, he stopped using it and hasn't been able to sleep well in weeks. The VA won't issue him a different model..... he disassembled his and removed the foam that's causing all the issues meanwhile voiding his warranty

Thank you, OP for the head's up.

I've used a Resmed with a SoClean II since September 2016 and never had any issues with it not cleaning, nor smells, nor degradation of any internal/external parts; and, I do take my CPAP completely down every year for internal cleaning and inspection, nerd that I am. I do change the cartridge filters every two months, instead of six but use cheaper knockoffs of the same ilk. I've disassembled both the SoClean original and the knockoff filters cartridges and there is absolutely no difference, but you have to be careful of your source. I wash/clean my mask and hose every month, instead of weekly as proposed. When I do, I soap/rinse/then soak in food grade peroxide of 12% all day. I have chronic bronchitis/COPD and it makes it about the only way I can get a good night's sleep, sans drugs. JFYI.
Thanks for the further cleaning tips. I use Resmed and a SoClean II as well!

Back
Top Bottom