• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Big Pig

How long were the tusks??? Outstanding hog. Day or night hunt???
They are every bit of 2.5" exposed. Going to look a lot longer once skull mounted. Started out as a day hunt and worked into the night. Shot him about an hour an a half after dark. We had him coming in my set on camera every day for the last 6 weeks between 3pm and 11pm. I got in there at 2:30 and waited on him.

Not to hijack your thread but my brother shot a couple big boars last week that we have been after. They are cross bred pigs-feral and domestic that have escaped-. If I hadn't been there I wouldn't have believed he killed both with a 223. It took 7 shots. 3 on 1 and 4 on the other. Never did weigh them but they are big. Brother is almost 6 do It and they are hanging off of a bale beds hydraulic arms.
5abe2af1075891ef95ad715c2333f79d.jpg

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Not to hijack your thread but my brother shot a couple big boars last week that we have been after. They are cross bred pigs-feral and domestic that have escaped-. If I hadn't been there I wouldn't have believed he killed both with a 223. It took 7 shots. 3 on 1 and 4 on the other. Never did weigh them but they are big. Brother is almost 6 do It and they are hanging off of a bale beds hydraulic arms.
5abe2af1075891ef95ad715c2333f79d.jpg

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
That’s awesome! Love to see stuff like that and hear the story. Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom