• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Big Ten to play conference only schedule.

No UGA/GaTech and no USCe/Clemson, no UF/FL State. Now there's some 'unprecedented' for you.

I still won't be surprised if the whole thing gets cancelled. Gotta' admit. Would be nice to watch a season with no throw away games.
Yeah I won't miss the throwaway games. But those big out of conference battles will be missed. I agree, I doubt they play. I still think MLB will be cancelled soon as more teams are having to pull out of games due to positive tests.

I am not optimistic about the college season happening. SEC planning to start late September so still 2 months away, and no telling what will happen before then. If baseball ends up cancelling, which it doesn't look good already cancelling games 4 days into the season, I think the other leagues will follow.

If the season is played, which I continue to have doubts that it will, the UGA/GT game will not be played for the first time in 95 years. Heck of a streak to be broken. Besides, I would love to see UGA beat GT again. In my family, it is personal!!!lol

If the season is played, which I continue to have doubts that it will, the UGA/GT game will not be played for the first time in 95 years. Heck of a streak to be broken. Besides, I would love to see UGA beat GT again. In my family, it is personal!!!lol
If they play, I hope one of the cross division games is LSU / UGA.
I watched some of last year's game again last night. It was great. ;)

Yeah I won't miss the throwaway games. But those big out of conference battles will be missed. I agree, I doubt they play. I still think MLB will be cancelled soon as more teams are having to pull out of games due to positive tests.

With all of the precautions MLB players still got it somehow and then that threaten the whole season. If it occurs more then the season may not survive as players may back out on their own.

UGA can't play GT... but they can drive to Auburn or SC? Huh? I heard the sports talk guys on the radio saying it didn't make any sense to them either and it must be because the SEC teams know in a shortened season any loss will hurt more. So UGA does not want to risk a non-conference loss to GT that could hurt their championship prospects. Guess the tradition of the game (since 1924) means nothing...it's all about the big money they stand to lose by not getting into the top 4.

Guess the NFL will be next. On one hand...I WANT to see this season after all we've been through, with the new Falcon players and Brady moving to Tampa. On the other hand...all of the talk of more protests and kneeling just makes me want to cancel the whole d*** thing and see those hypocrites start losing paychecks.

With all of the precautions MLB players still got it somehow and then that threaten the whole season. If it occurs more then the season may not survive as players may back out on their own.

UGA can't play GT... but they can drive to Auburn or SC? Huh? I heard the sports talk guys on the radio saying it didn't make any sense to them either and it must be because the SEC teams know in a shortened season any loss will hurt more. So UGA does not want to risk a non-conference loss to GT that could hurt their championship prospects. Guess the tradition of the game (since 1924) means nothing...it's all about the big money they stand to lose by not getting into the top 4.

Guess the NFL will be next. On one hand...I WANT to see this season after all we've been through, with the new Falcon players and Brady moving to Tampa. On the other hand...all of the talk of more protests and kneeling just makes me want to cancel the whole d*** thing and see those hypocrites start losing paychecks.
Yeah it makes literally zero sense. Same, I'm torn on the NFL. It would be a fun season. But I read an article yesterday about how MLB and NBA ratings have tanked because of all the protest BLM stuff they keep showing. NFL will likely do the same, and I'm not sure how much more of it I can stomach.

Back
Top Bottom