• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Biggest and Most Common Blunders Made by Preppers

Leveraction44

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
33   0
Reaction score
I will start it off:

1) Not getting on-going health issues resolved. For instance, I have a tooth that has started hurting about a week ago, and I have yet to get a dental appointment. To most this is not a big deal. After all if it starts being too bothersome, I can get to the dentist then.

BUT, what if a long term SHTF suddenly happened? I would be in a very bad situation with the situation getting worse over time and the options not too great.

Failure to honestly examine and evaluate physical deficiencies and condition, skills, knowledge, and address these shortcomings.
Having 20 years worth of beans and rice will be of little use if you can’t climb a flight of stairs, pack and assemble gear, start a fire, find and make safe drinking water,……

Fix it yourself.

7334A973-0D10-4E33-918C-F03B6540A004.jpeg

I will start it off:

1) Not getting on-going health issues resolved. For instance, I have a tooth that has started hurting about a week ago, and I have yet to get a dental appointment. To most this is not a big deal. After all if it starts being too bothersome, I can get to the dentist then.

BUT, what if a long term SHTF suddenly happened? I would be in a very bad situation with the situation getting worse over time and the options not too great.
The only option is pain meds, or pain meds and a pair of pliers

You could have the nicest stockpile in your county but it does you no good if you can’t defend it. Obviously everyone here should know how to shoot but that does you little good if you’re not in fighting shape. You don’t have to be Sylvester Stallone in his prime but everyone should atleast be able to jog a mile without having a heart attack, bench ATLEAST your body weight, and be able to do a few pull-ups. (IF YOU DONT ALREADY HAVE HEALTH ISSUES). Which brings me to something of equal importance. It don’t matter how big of a badass you think you are nobody survives long on they’re own. Why do you think wolves have packs? Obviously to better hunt but ALSO for safety in numbers.

Back
Top Bottom