• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Biking or Cycling for exercise

What do the pros call this so I don't sound like a complete noob ...

• Cycling?

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Biking?

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I'll stick with tacos?

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

Tactical Beaver

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Hop in, no time to explain...
71   0
Reaction score
I'm sure there's some guys on here that bike. I'm thinking about getting into it. I'm just hesitant on dropping coin on a bike and then end up not using it. I might put a WTB ad up and maybe try and trade someone for guns/ammo whatever. I have plenty of places to ride close to me and would certainly help me get into better shape. A guy in my office is in several cycling clubs and loves it. He recommended a Surly bike. He also mentioned that a lot of bike shops will let you do a trial period. Has anyone gotten into this sport recently and what are your thoughts?

I've been riding road bikes for several years now and you can't beat it for fitness. An hour or so on a real bike passes quickly where as 20 minutes on a stationary bike seems like an eternity to me. LOL
When the weather is right ,I hit the silver comet trail a couple of times a week. I bought both of my bikes on the ODT. Good luck.

I’m a avid cyclist. I race mountian, gravel, and cyclocross. Great hobby that is so much fun and very good for you. I think its better to raise kids watching me be active as apposed to them standing in middle of soccer field seeing me stand on sidelines.

Start with mountian biking. You get what you pay for with bikes. If you spend $800 you’ll likely hate mountian biking.

My son has a bunch of mountain bikes he wants to sell.

If you're interested PM your height and I'll let you know what he has. Need your height to determine frame size.

I've been hurt far worse on bicycles than motorcycles. That said as a middle aged adult I had to ride a bicycle for a while before I could run again. My back just couldn't take it. As a teenager I rode @1000-1500mi. a year. That's how I got around.

Back
Top Bottom