• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Biking or Cycling for exercise

What do the pros call this so I don't sound like a complete noob ...

• Cycling?

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Biking?

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I'll stick with tacos?

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
I have a couple of crossbreeds (mountain and street) i am going to list. If interested, I will send you pics and give you a good deal.
My son has a bunch of mountain bikes he wants to sell.

If you're interested PM your height and I'll let you know what he has. Need your height to determine frame size.
The wife and I are also looking for a set of XC or MTB bikes, please post up what you have or send me a pm. Looking for a small and a L/XL sizes

I'm sure there's some guys on here that bike. I'm thinking about getting into it. I'm just hesitant on dropping coin on a bike and then end up not using it. I might put a WTB ad up and maybe try and trade someone for guns/ammo whatever. I have plenty of places to ride close to me and would certainly help me get into better shape. A guy in my office is in several cycling clubs and loves it. He recommended a Surly bike. He also mentioned that a lot of bike shops will let you do a trial period. Has anyone gotten into this sport recently and what are your thoughts?

I Like bike riding on fairly level ground or gentle hills. But any hill that requires me to stand up on the pedals is not fun.
Yeah it's good exercise but I don't enjoy it on hills and I don't enjoy sharing the road with traffic.

I like the silver comet trail and similar exercise paths. They are paved m, they're mostly flat, and it's safe.
93912797-D0C4-45E8-9A0B-392BBEEFCD17.jpeg
A1E353F9-F136-46BA-9977-735461849EDA.jpeg

My son has a bunch of mountain bikes he wants to sell.

If you're interested PM your height and I'll let you know what he has. Need your height to determine frame size.

I have a couple of crossbreeds (mountain and street) i am going to list. If interested, I will send you pics and give you a good deal.

Let me know. I'm 5'11" on the money. I've been looking at the Surly bikes, but hoping I might find something that I can trade for.

The wife and I are also looking for a set of XC or MTB bikes, please post up what you have or send me a pm. Looking for a small and a L/XL sizes

My VP at work was trying to sell his wife recently. Knowing him, he probably dropped coin on it but is also the kind of guy that buys things and never uses them and tends to get rid of them cheap just to get it out of his hair. I'll see if he still has it.

Alpharetta has a large cycling community that would love to get you started. Group rides road/mountain/path are always good ways to start. Just like here, it’s a very helpful group. Know this, all cyclists are a little off, roadies have a reputation for being super stiff and driven, mountain bikers are the snowboarders of the bunch and path are generally laid back and up anything goes. The only thing I’d suggest is get a bike that fits and if you won’t wear spandex in public get some shorts with liners. Start with 30 minutes and even if you can go longer don’t, gradually build up, TIME on the saddle is what hurts, not distance. Your taint will be sore and if you get back on it’s game over for most. Don’t fall for the big cushy saddle, just work up time. Good luck!! You’ll love it if you get with some good people.

Back
Top Bottom