• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bill of sale: yes or no?

Unless it changed to gwcl after july 2011, dekalb co calls it georgia firearms license on the newer plastic license.

Do you have one or know of one from Dekalb that says GFL on it (new style plastic card)?

There is technically no such thing as a GFL anymore (except those GFL's that are still valid currently function as a GWL).

Dekalb county should only be issuing GWL's now, if they are still printing GFL on them its just going to cause issues and confusion down the road.

Unless it changed to gwcl after july 2011, dekalb co calls it georgia firearms license on the newer plastic license.

They weren't required to update it in 2011:
(f) (1) Weapons carry license specifications. Weapons carry licenses issued as prescribed in this Code section shall be printed on durable but lightweight card stock, and the completed card shall be laminated in plastic to improve its wearing qualities and to inhibit alterations. Measurements shall be 3 1/4 inches long and 2 1/4 inches wide. Each shall be serially numbered within the county of issuance and shall bear the full name, residential address, birth date, weight, height, color of eyes, and sex of the licensee. The license shall show the date of issuance, the expiration date, and the probate court in which issued and shall be signed by the licensee and bear the signature or facsimile thereof of the judge. The seal of the court shall be placed on the face before the license is laminated. Licenses issued on and before December 31, 2011, shall bear a clear print of the licensee's right index finger; however, if the right index fingerprint cannot be secured for any reason, the print of another finger may be used but such print shall be marked to identify the finger from which the print is taken.

(2) (A) On and after January 1, 2012, newly issued or renewal weapons carry licenses shall incorporate overt and covert security features which shall be blended with the personal data printed on the license to form a significant barrier to imitation, replication, and duplication. There shall be a minimum of three different ultraviolet colors used to enhance the security of the license incorporating variable data, color shifting characteristics, and front edge only perimeter visibility. The weapons carry license shall have a color photograph viewable under ambient light on both the front and back of the license. The license shall incorporate custom optical variable devices featuring the great seal of the State of Georgia as well as matching demetalized optical variable devices viewable under ambient light from the front and back of the license incorporating microtext and unique alphanumeric serialization specific to the license holder. The license shall be of similar material, size, and thickness of a credit card and have a holographic laminate to secure and protect the license for the duration of the license period.

I have no problem with a BOS
it shows when the weapon was exchanged,so no questions can come up later,if there was foul play

alot of you guys keep saying how you understand that its not the law to do a BOS but you just like to keep something on record with names,dates,serial #'s etc., but the point is, that peice of paper with all of that info does not prove or disprove a single thing. if i wanted to i could search on here, find someone's real name and other info and write up a BOS with forged signatures. then commit a crime with a firearm i already have, and when the police question me about it, i can show them the B.S. bill of sale that i have with someone elses name on it. thats just one example of how a BOS does'nt prove or disprove anything.

BoS.JPG

Back
Top Bottom