Votes: 16 16.2%
  • NO, I wont sign your copy or show you any type of ID

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • NO, Ill show ya ID though.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • I like PIE!

Votes: 14 14.1%

• Total voters
I wonder how much a gang would pay for an extensive list of addresses known for keeping multiple weapons.....

I'll give personal info if required by the seller like name and DL#, but never an address.

Not trying to be confrontational here, but could you please point me to an instance where this has happened?

I have looked for one and I cannot find a single instance. If you know of one, please clue me in as it may change my stance on this issue.

Same here, I'd be interested in knowing of a case.

Same here, I'd be interested in knowing of a case.

I spent more than 30 years in courthouses all over the U.S., I can't give you a specific case because it was a daily routine for me and I went from one to the other never taking a "personal" interest in any of them and not trying to keep tract.All I can do is tell how it works, do it any way you want. I wasn't trying to deter anyone, I just tried to make you think on both sides because I know how it will go.
I'll protect myself and family first above all, you can do it anyway you like.
Have you ever heard of "You can beat the rap but you can't beat the ride"
From the time you get in the patrol car until you walk out of the courthouse free (if you do) can be a very, very expensive ride.
But again, I say do it any way you like, the consequences are yours, not mine....No Offense taken!! Good Luck!!

I'll be brief here because I had a similar thread a while back and the two positions are solid:

The anti-BoS'ers have every right to be. Their idea of worst-case scenario is the end of liberties and basic rights.

The pro-BoS'ers have every right to be. Their idea of worst-case scenario is not covering their a** should the unthinkable occur.

Personally, I am pro-Bos. But that doesn't mean I will require one for every transaction. Just like Dems and Reps, you can argue all day long, but both sides will think they are right. The best we can do is agree to disagree.

I spent more than 30 years in courthouses all over the U.S., I can't give you a specific case because it was a daily routine for me and I went from one to the other never taking a "personal" interest in any of them and not trying to keep tract.All I can do is tell how it works, do it any way you want. I wasn't trying to deter anyone, I just tried to make you think on both sides because I know how it will go.
I'll protect myself and family first above all, you can do it anyway you like.
Have you ever heard of "You can beat the rap but you can't beat the ride"
From the time you get in the patrol car until you walk out of the courthouse free (if you do) can be a very, very expensive ride.
But again, I say do it any way you like, the consequences are yours, not mine....No Offense taken!! Good Luck!!

As SteelRinger, I wasn't trying to be confrontational either. I was hoping that I could learn something, either one way or the other.....No Offense taken here either!!

Ok when the law shows up at your door....looking for a certain gun. You tell them you sold it.........You advise them you have a BOS. What are you going to do when they want to view all your BOS'S. Then you get charged with dealing arms w/o a FFL.

Ok when the law shows up at your door....looking for a certain gun. You tell them you sold it.........You advise them you have a BOS. What are you going to do when they want to view all your BOS'S. Then you get charged with dealing arms w/o a FFL.

They have no reason to ask to see "all your BOS'S". They have nothing to do with the gun in question.

i would never buy a gun,car,watch,tv, without a bill of sale and a quick look at a id just to make sure the name is the same as the one on the bill o sale,i dont need anything stolen and if i do get something stolen i want to be in the clear

This is pretty much the reason why I prefer to sign one when I'm buying or selling one. IF I'm investigated in reference to a firearm that belonged to me, I can prove when I bought the gun and where I bought it. You don't know where a gun has been before you bought/received it.

Back
Top Bottom