• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Binary Trigger

Zen_Life

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Your mom went to college.
145   1
Reaction score
I am looking into getting a Binary Trigger for my AR but i dont know how reliable they are. Does anybody got any experience with it? Also what brand would be the best.

I've tried both the BFS3 and the Echo 2. The BFS3 is the way to go IMHO.

1) BFS3 has a better trigger pull in both semi and binary. The Echo feels spongy.

2) BFS3 uses a standard mil spec hammer while the Echo uses some MIM/cast parts. It might not be a common problem but I have seen some reports of broken hammers with the Echo kit.

3) Echo makes it difficult to close the upper and lower due to the trigger bar. BFS3 doesn’t interfere with closing the upper/lower.

4) BFS3 works with 22LR right out of the box! No tuning or auto trip kit needed!

5) For some strange reason the selector spins 360 degrees on the Echo. Meaning you can move it from binary right on around to safe. This just seems weird to me. Not a fan. The BFS3 selector doesn’t do this.

6) BFS3 is $75-$100 cheaper.

The only real benefit of the Echo is that it prevents hammer follow. I’ve found that once you get a feel for the BFS3 you learn to control the rate of fire pretty easily. Hammer follow hasn’t been a problem for me with 22LR or 5.56.

Just my opinion. Others may or may not agree.

Second this ^^^

I have both and prefer the Franklin BFS3 to the Echo. I've had the Echo do some wonky things but the BFS seems to run without any issues in nany AR I drop it into.

Back
Top Bottom