• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Binary Triggers

Capture+_2020-01-29-09-17-16.png

I've got an Echo from Fostech in an AR that I built that is fun. It is definitely a novelty though. I haven't shot it in at least a year now that the newness of it has worn off.

That being said, I'll still be buying one for a 10/22. And buying a new 10/22 to put it in.

I had one in a 9mm AR, the gun didn’t like it much, maybe it’s just the whole AR+9mm thing but the timing would be off sometimes, light hammer strikes, I dunno? Maybe a MPX would handle it better, but you can’t go wrong in a .22

Phydoux, I have one in a 9mm AR and it loves the thing. BUT, I had to open up the hammer channel at the rear of the bolt/bolt carrier (one in the same on the PCC's), because the reset trip was rubbing, catching on the sides of the slot. They are narrower (the slot) in the 9mm bolt bodies for some reason over the standard 5.56 bolts. Maybe that was the issue??

Binray triggers are a fun range toy, but I don't care for Franklin because of the price of the products and the owner Jay Jacobson. The best example of this is the AK-C1 which retails for $499.00 and doesn't use the standard ak selector.

Now I know what some of you are going to say. "cAn YOu MaKE OnE", well some what. I got a associate to make one that uses the standard ak selector. Total cost $130.00

Here is a video of mine.

Second video to show you the side by side of the AK-C1 and this homemade binary

The one for the 10/22 does look neat, but I will wait until I see one for a really good dea/
Ive been drooling thinking about a binary for my RPK for a while now, but hesitant to buy the AK-C1 as you can’t get a straight answer what it will fit.

Ive been drooling thinking about a binary for my RPK for a while now, but hesitant to buy the AK-C1 as you can’t get a straight answer what it will fit.

Man, for the AK's, just go with an ALG trigger. They have a GREAT trigger pull (super crisp) and are so light, they run almost like a binary. A LOT less money too.

But do they do faux-auto? (LOL)

ALG does make an AK trigger something useful for folks who aren't 3rd world peasants.

There's a bunch of YouTubes on there about the AK binary. Probably be a good idea to go through those and see what the various issues weer before laying out that kind of money.

Back
Top Bottom