• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bitcoin anyone? Crypto?

Here is another Crypto to keep on your radar. It is an up & coming token that might have some big gains ahead of it. It was just released on Coinbase in October. Took it's usual dip after release and bought in at the low. May be worth a few dollars to see what happens, etc.

1635608512930.png

1635611791845.png

"When a customer pays for a good or service and gets points from the point supplier, the consumer can use ASSEMBLE Platform PX to swap the gathered points for ASM Token.

ASSEMBLE Protocol collaborated with clubpnss and STAI.com, which collectively have a total of 181 club affiliates, 3,590 store shopping malls, and 754,990 Asm Crypto users."

The intrinsic value of Coca-Cola stock (KO) and Home Depot (HD) can be explained by the increasing cash flow and GAAP earnings. They just seem to do it right.

Here is the all-time increase in KO value: 56.04 USD +55.27 (7,177.92%) all time. So, it increased by 7,178%.

Try Home Depot which is another Atlanta based business: USD +371.54 (1,238,466.67%) all time. So, it increased by 1,238,466%.

You guys are focused on a short period of time in something with no intrinsic value to fall back on when the markets get very ugly. I hope you guys are diversified into good stocks, bonds, metals (I like gold), ammo, and guns?

I generally agree. I battled with this for almost 2 years in my head, trying to understand the value of crypto, if any.

The US dollar, also has no underlying value, other than its general acceptance, and government backing. The government which is heavily in debt, runs an annual deficit regardless of who is an office. Increasing interest payments on national debt, plus entitlements, leads me to believe that can’t go on forever.

I believe I finally understand the value of crypto.

In my opinion, the absolute value of crypto, is based primarily on the fact that it is not controlled by any government. It is a free (not free $), transferable,limited, global currency. That is something no other currency offers, other than gold, other precious metals, stocks to some extent, etc. Of course crypto is more transferable than gold…

So I believe now, it does have a value. In that governments cannot manipulate it too rapidly Other than their own regulation. Which may have a slingshot affect, making it more valuable.

So the value itself is that it lies outside (mostly) the control of money hungry governments. And is limited. I think there is a movement in that direction.

So for that reason, I have decided I am in. But of course only with a small portion of my investments, and what would be considered disposable income.

In my opinion, the absolute value of crypto, is based primarily on the fact that it is not controlled by any government. It is a free (not free $), transferable,limited, global currency. That is something no other currency offers, other than gold, other precious metals, stocks to some extent, etc. Of course crypto is more transferable than gold…

So I believe now, it does have a value. In that governments cannot manipulate it too rapidly Other than their own regulation. Which may have a slingshot affect, making it more valuable.

So the value itself is that it lies outside (mostly) the control of money hungry governments. And is limited. I think there is a movement in that direction.

So for that reason, I have decided I am in. But of course only with a small portion of my investments, and what would be considered disposable income.
Your thought process and writing are all very good-excellent. I agree with everything except buying in today. I said before that I need to watch the trading.

So far, the bid-ask looks good on BITO (the ETF). It's a two cents spread. It seems to be normal. 39.26 USD -0.64 (-1.60%) past 5 days.

So, it trades at around $39-$40 in the biggest bull market in history (the S&P 500 is up 25% this year, and up 105% in the last 4.5 years).

I'd like to see how it correlates with stocks (and safe bonds) during a Bad Stock Market Correction? It should go up? During recent corrections since 1987, everything went down except good-rated bonds.

Do you think the Bitcoin will hold value in a bad market? And why?

Your thought process and writing are all very good-excellent. I agree with everything except buying in today. I said before that I need to watch the trading.

So far, the bid-ask looks good on BITO (the ETF). It's a two cents spread. It seems to be normal. 39.26 USD -0.64 (-1.60%) past 5 days.

So, it trades at around $39-$40 in the biggest bull market in history (the S&P 500 is up 25% this year, and up 105% in the last 4.5 years).

I'd like to see how it correlates with stocks (and safe bonds) during a Bad Stock Market Correction? It should go up? During recent corrections since 1987, everything went down except good-rated bonds.

Do you think the Bitcoin will hold value in a bad market? And why?
In to hear thoughts on this.

It is a fact that profitable companies with a deep "margin of safety" are good buys as long as the current quote correctly discounts the future profits properly. It is basic high school math.

It is not so with the latest current crypto craze in that no one has a clue what it is worth. It is not FDIC insured. It is mostly for new guys that think a private digital coin went from $1 to the current $61,222 in a few months. Say what?

It's like living on a prayer. It reminds me of the old Bon Jovi song.

I laugh at any reference to FDIC. Given a banking/monetary collapse, do you really think your nest egg is going to be replaced by the very people who were asleep at the wheel, dare I say the very people who orchestrated the collapse, and with the very currency that collapsed? FDIC is a feel-good gimmick, nothing more. You know where you can put that FDIC insurance....

If you want to keep your money under your mattress because it makes you feel in control, go ahead. If you want to keep you diminishing-value cash in a bank that will slowly pilfer from you, for the sake of some non-existent "insurance"? Go ahead. I will realize that I can make my money work just as hard as I do, often times more so. I will gladly place investments in crypto because right now it is making me a LOT of $$, and when the signals start telling me to get off the ship, I will take my profits and look for another opportunity.

But hanging my hat on FDIC insurance is like putting a yard sign in front of your house saying you have "XYZ Alarm System" and fully expecting that will protect you from break-ins.

I laugh at any reference to FDIC. Given a banking/monetary collapse, do you really think your nest egg is going to be replaced by the very people who were asleep at the wheel, dare I say the very people who orchestrated the collapse, and with the very currency that collapsed? FDIC is a feel-good gimmick, nothing more. You know where you can put that FDIC insurance....

If you want to keep your money under your mattress because it makes you feel in control, go ahead. If you want to keep you diminishing-value cash in a bank that will slowly pilfer from you, for the sake of some non-existent "insurance"? Go ahead. I will realize that I can make my money work just as hard as I do, often times more so. I will gladly place investments in crypto because right now it is making me a LOT of $$, and when the signals start telling me to get off the ship, I will take my profits and look for another opportunity.

But hanging my hat on FDIC insurance is like putting a yard sign in front of your house saying you have "XYZ Alarm System" and fully expecting that will protect you from break-ins.
My dad used to say "If you want the maximum value out of your dollar, spend it right now.".
He also would shop for a new TV for well over a year before he would commit to one, and wore button up shirts that came in a pack from WalMart.

And don't forget that the FDIC will return you your funds "As soon as possible" or "As soon as they see fit" depending on the status of the banking industry across the board. If it is a single institution failure, it usually takes up to 48 hours, but if many banks go under at the same time........ Who knows!! (Think of run on banks on a national level). It would take a long time for those funds to be returned to anyone.

I think Crypto is the future of e-commerce and banking. I am dabbling in it and have made a serious amount of profit from it. But I still cautiously take positions in different tokens. What many people do not realize how big the crypto market already has become and it is still scratching the surface.

Everyone should do some research and stake a small position in some form. Like anything else financial investment related, diversify. And Crypto should definitely be in everyone's portfolio now or soon, even a small position.

Could not say it better than myself. People seem to think "oh yeah 10-15 years ago I could buy a piece of bubble gum for a nickel and still can do so right now" the market does not work that way. Your money you had 2 years ago is worth 20% less I think. I remember the CEO of Kraken, one of the biggest Bitcoin exchanges in the world quoted that our money is trash money worth less than it was before all the stimulus checks coming out.

OK, the FDIC may go broke? Do you think Congress and the other politicians will ignore the widows and orphans that may have lost their life savings? It's not going to happen. Widows, orphans, and most voters have no clue what the bitcoin and crypto-currency are.

I've said it before that I am fully invested in places that have good historical financial results.

I'd add guns and ammo here. If America's financial system crashes, you will need guns and ammo. I disagree that crypto will survive. You will not have electricity (or the internet) to find your bitcoin code. The snake salesman in charge of Bitcoin will be long gone.

You will need Lawyers, Guns, and Money: :D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawyers,_Guns_and_Money

Back
Top Bottom