• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bitcoin....

So tell me why bitcoin is a good thing again? You'll see plenty of people argue about how it's so great, and maybe the theory is, but the practice is not.
lol, Well considering I don't have any. I'm not saying it is a good thing. One EMP and poof it's gone.

I don't own any bitcoin (don't have the stomach for it), but I have invested in it through GBTC, which I bought around $350 and sold around $780. Of course, it's now trading upwards of $1800 so, yeah. :tsk:

Anyhow, I won't own any at its current value, but Futures start trading next week on the CBOE and on CME the following week. The Nasdaq announced it has plans to allow bitcoin futures next year. NYSE seems to be holding out. Once ETFs and Options start popping up, I will most definitely speculate, but owning it outright at $13k per coin is ludicrous at this point. Way too volatile. Starting next week, there will be many more ways to profit off the meteoric rise, with much less risk and, of course, much less reward. I can live with that!

As soon as the average person has heard of it I think it's doomed. This is nothing more than throwing money in on a hot stock, except there is literally zero reason to buy this fundamentally speaking.

The more people that buy the higher it grows in value. It’s officially worth more than JP Morgan...

Some of the reasons people dig it so much:

- No gov/bank affiliation
- Secure transactions (Blockchain)
- Currency used worldwide
- Untraceable (Keeping you anonymous)

image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom