• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bitter sweet day as my oldest leaves for Alaska

troutman

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
53   0
Reaction score
My 19 yr old son left this afternoon to fulfil a dream that I'm sure most of us on this site have. He will be a fishing guide on the Kenai Peninsula in Cooper Landing, Alaska.

I could not be happier for him! I have been excited and couldn't wait for the day that he left so he could begin his adventure.

And then the day came.....and I realize as happy as I am for him, the little boy that has been my fishing buddy since he was 2 is gone. He has always been a good boy and has grown into a fine young man. I know this is a great way for him to figure himself out. I look forward to living vicariously through his adventures.

I will post pictures of the fish he catches on the fishing thread that I started with him.

My 19 yr old son left this afternoon to fulfil a dream that I'm sure most of us on this site have. He will be a fishing guide on the Kenai Peninsula in Cooper Landing, Alaska.

I could not be happier for him! I have been excited and couldn't wait for the day that he left so he could begin his adventure.

And then the day came.....and I realize as happy as I am for him, the little boy that has been my fishing buddy since he was 2 is gone. He has always been a good boy and has grown into a fine young man. I know this is a great way for him to figure himself out. I look forward to living vicariously through his adventures.

I will post pictures of the fish he catches on the fishing thread that I started with him.

Awesome and sad. Life is great.

Kind of the way I felt when my youngest son joined the military, proud as heck but a little sad. He made it through it though and I imagine your son will do just fine too. I’m a little envious of both of them...

Back
Top Bottom