• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bitter sweet day as my oldest leaves for Alaska

My son was supposed to go back to Alaska next month to work his second season working for an outfitter. He was excited because this season, he would actually be a guide and not a helper. BUT, he got the call yesterday to cancel his plans because of the Corona virus. He was told maybe in June or July things would change.

He was pretty upset because he was planning on staying through the winter because he had found a job with a hunting outfitter.

My son was supposed to go back to Alaska next month to work his second season working for an outfitter. He was excited because this season, he would actually be a guide and not a helper. BUT, he got the call yesterday to cancel his plans because of the Corona virus. He was told maybe in June or July things would change.

He was pretty upset because he was planning on staying through the winter because he had found a job with a hunting outfitter.

Man, that’s rough. It’s gotta be terribly disappointing to have your dream disappear at the last moment. Hopefully this is a bump in the road and they’ll be many special years ahead for him. I’m praying the Lord will see us thru this thing.

Lived in ATL once and found it too cold for me. I'll keep my happy A$$ right here in SE Georgia Saltwater fishing, but best of luck to him and I hope the empty nest isn't too much for ya.

Tough but Good life lesson here to be learned

Sorry to hear the not so great news but on the positive side he's young and things will bounce back.

I am happy to report that he will be able to go this summer. he is leaving may 23rd.

I'll post pictures again this year.

My 19 yr old son left this afternoon to fulfil a dream that I'm sure most of us on this site have. He will be a fishing guide on the Kenai Peninsula in Cooper Landing, Alaska.

I could not be happier for him! I have been excited and couldn't wait for the day that he left so he could begin his adventure.

And then the day came.....and I realize as happy as I am for him, the little boy that has been my fishing buddy since he was 2 is gone. He has always been a good boy and has grown into a fine young man. I know this is a great way for him to figure himself out. I look forward to living vicariously through his adventures.

I will post pictures of the fish he catches on the fishing thread that I started with him.

You raised him right and he is following his DREAMS! That's OUTSTANDING, he's not A TURD , like these kids out here who think that they are owed the WORLD for NO REASON! I will PRAY for him!

My little avatar picture here is looking over Kenai Lake. Been fishing Cooper Landing several times and its always good. Looking forward to heading back up there soon and may have to hit ya up for his contact info.

Back
Top Bottom