• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bitter sweet day as my oldest leaves for Alaska

4683.jpeg

Yep. He's the fly shop manager now and he takes clients on hike in trips. He likes a glacial lake with a stream that runs out of it that is 6 or 7 miles in the back country.
That is just so cool.

Is he still loving it or is it starting to get old?

That is just so cool.

Is he still loving it or is it starting to get old?

He loves every second of every day there! Even when he is cleaning fish until 2-3 in the morning because the clients are leaving the next day.

He came home a while over the winter and was miserable. I really hope he can find a hunting outfitter to work for this year.

He loves every second of every day there! Even when he is cleaning fish until 2-3 in the morning because the clients are leaving the next day.

He came home a while over the winter and was miserable. I really hope he can find a hunting outfitter to work for this year.
That is great to hear. He's a lucky man. Took balls to do what he did.

You gotta be a proud dad!
It’s hard when they leave home but at least now with all the cell phones and stuff it’s easy to talk to em and video call.

my son got a scholarship to a snooty private college in New Jersey. And hated it. Came back and at 20 got hired as a heavy haul truck driver.
Shortly after he turned 21 the company handed him the keys to a $200k truck and he’s out hauling oversize overweight cargo thats sensitive enough And expensive enough that the cargo owner pays to have another person ride along and keep an eye on the cargo at night while the driver is sleeping.

I hate that he’s gone all the time but he loves the job.

It’s hard, but you gotta let em spread their wings and fly on their own.

Back
Top Bottom