• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Black Drawing Salve?

Dr told mom when my sister and I was just little kids to take methiolate ( spelling?) on a qtip and hold our tongues down with a spoon handle, take the qtip and mop the back of our throats with the methiolate real good, when we had a sore throat and coughing.. it would sure enough cure that cough and sore throat.. tasted horrible but it really worked.. we couldn’t afford to go to dr every time one of use got sick.. I sure do miss them old time family dr’s

Yep and the smell. Had a good childhood so got a lot of the black salve and the yellow sulfa paste on a regular basis.

Anyone remember the red mercurochrome in the squeeze fire extinguisher bottle? Got older and had it with the glass applicator. That stuff burned like the devil.
When I was a kid me and daddy went fishin and I got 2 sets of treble hooks caught in 2 of my knuckles on my hand. Daddy tried to pull em out but the barbs was already deep and hung in my skin. Went to the emergency room and the Dr pushed the hooks on through and cut off the barbs then dunked my hand in a bowl of that red fire water(mercurochrome)........I thought I was dyin hahahaha, that crap burned!

Aye
When I was a kid mama would put a piece of fatback meat on a splinter or piece of glass in foot or finger and it would draw it to a head overnight and get it out next morning! I was 12 years or so old first drawing salve we had.
Aye, fatback heavy with salt. Tie it on good & sleep the night. Most likely in the morning your problem has surfaced.

1647000285975.png

Back
Top Bottom