• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Black FN SCaR 17s under $2800

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually having a lot of fun with this thread.

Using your line of reasoning lobster + steak are overrated. Simply not worth the $$$. Why spend the extra money on Lobster and steak when you could eat Tilipia + Chicken + desert + a drink for the same $$??

I'll eat the steak and occasionally the lobster and drink pretty good burbon because I like it and have the means. Kind of like why I have a Scar and some other booshie stuff...

Me to. I love a good debate, discussion , argument, ect...

I know I'll have buyers remorse when I'm hungry again 4 hours later.

BTW it's hard to beat a good bologna cup.

This is great stuff. I'm probably more in MaconGuns' camp. I like paying less for stuff that works for my needs. I used to enjoy catching big bass with $30 combos while my buddies were pulling in dinks with their $200 setups. It's all personal preference. I personally cannot justify $3K for a battle rifle when I'm not planning on going into battle. In the case of home/personal defense, I choose reasonably priced, accurate, dependable firearms which I've used, tested and deemed so with personal experience. The SCAR is awesome and I'd be happy to have one but not at that price. I have a sweet old Remington Model Four in .308 with a couple of 10 round mags that has been 100% reliable if I need a semi-auto .308 to fight the horde of roving zombies. Is that what we're talking about? The gun's value as a zombie killer? Home defense weapon? Bug out go-to gun? Plinker? Hunting? What's the practical application? Serious question. We've bandied about the notion that higher end weapons are made from better components rendering them inherently more durable and more reliable. To what end though? Competition shooting? Contract work? For me it comes down to to what I'm using it for. My typical range trips consist of ringing steel and punching paper for the most part. I have fun and do pretty well with guns in the $500-1000 range. That's my personal comfort zone. I understand that other people want, need and demand more from their weapons and I don't begrudge them that right. That's what makes America great!

I appreciate your valid well thought out response. Again, this OP was about the SCAR 17 a large bore battle rifle that I happen to shoot long distances and demand precision.
I own property where we have gongs set from 200m -1000m. I have a boatload of Hunting rifles from 270'- 300 Win Mag's and a lot in between. They shoot very well, but not in the class of the SCAR. Again, the $500 -$1000 range you mention, you can not get a Big Bore battle rifle at all. A sweet old Model 4 is not a big bore battle rifle.
No one buys SCARS for " Hordes of roving Zombies" or a as a "Zombie Killer"... As you can tell we are not the group that references this....

I appreciate your valid well thought out response. Again, this OP was about the SCAR 17 a large bore battle rifle that I happen to shoot long distances and demand precision.
I own property where we have gongs set from 200m -1000m. I have a boatload of Hunting rifles from 270'- 300 Win Mag's and a lot in between. They shoot very well, but not in the class of the SCAR. Again, the $500 -$1000 range you mention, you can not get a Big Bore battle rifle at all. A sweet old Model 4 is not a big bore battle rifle.
No one buys SCARS for " Hordes of roving Zombies" or a as a "Zombie Killer"... As you can tell we are not the group that references this....
What sort of glass are you running to reach out to 1000m?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom