• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Black FN SCaR 17s under $2800

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll concede that tossing a bit more cash at something will almost always get you a better product.
But I'll also note that it doesn't always take more money to get a good product or one that will do the same job for less money. It's an unwinnable argument since as you stated, Dad could have shot a Marlin or your buddies all own Glock or maybe the Internet says that Rugers are the best revolvers. Ultimately most people have already made up thier mind. As a whole most people seem to consider Smith Wesson a good company with pretty good products and quality.
I'll leave you with this.
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/1000-yards-with-a-smith-wesson-mp-10/

I'd be curious to try one out and maybe sbr it or chopped it down some with permanent muzzle device
@GA BOY
A fellow had one at the club with an integral suppressor, only time I've seen one.
What was really sharp was you couldn't see the suppressor because it was encased in the same type stock/shroud.
I couldn't tell it was suppressed until he fired it.
It was pretty cool....

Adams is not a bad piston driven rifle. For the price, you can't beat it. IF you want a basic bare bones piston 308, it is actually a great deal at that price. BUT, if you add in ambi controls, side charging, adjustable gas block, muzzle brake and remove the poly handguard your dropping more coin. No way around it. If none of that matters then it's a great deal. To some people that stuff is overkill/irrelevant/gimmicks/marketing etc, to others it is necessity...

I try to remain very open minded. I'm not a gun snob (not much of one anyway), but saying a SCAR (16 or 17) and a basic AR 15/10 are equal and your paying for the name... I can't even begin to agree with that. A smart car will get you from point A to point B (most of the time) but a Bentley will get you there, quicker/safer/more comfortably and more reliably. No way I'm buying the Bentley, just saying all cars are not created equal, nor guns nor AR's, and it has more to it than the branding stamped on it.

Also, Ruger, RRA, and Sig make .308 "battle rifles" at around or under the $1500 mark. The Sig 716 comes in close at about $1750. Id say all three of these are most likely more accurate and reliable then the person shooting them.

That may work for some. But in my book, it's not what I would consider a high quality gun in 5.56 or 7.62.

There's a different class of guns that would truly qualify as a capable Battle Rifle and Adams, DPMS, etc don't fall into that category. For me, those guns will be the LMT MWS, Daniel Defense, Knights Armament and a handful of others.

So my anderson lower and PSA upper doesnt count?? :boink:

So my anderson lower and PSA upper doesnt count?? :boink:

#blackriflesmatter #fdeonestoo

I've built with Anderson and Aero receivers. I've had 0 issues with them and will use them again depending on what I'm building. Matter of fact, have a Form 1 in jail right now on an Aero build...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom