• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Black panthers (4 legged variety)

Because I believe what my relatives tell me,most are avid hunters and know their land very well,as for conformation well I guess it won't be proven since most have passed on.

Because I believe what my relatives tell me,most are avid hunters and know their land very well,as for conformation well I guess it won't be proven since most have passed on.

So your telling me that your family knew where one was after they were completely eradicated and on top of that it was the first black one to ever exist at the same time. Seems like if they knew so much they would have realized the importance of there find. You may have taken a story told to amuse you to seriously. I could buy into seeing a mountain lion, but there were and are zero black ones ever documented. We can track, capture and get trail cam pics of the only jaguar on Arizona. If there were black mountain lions around there would be proof. Somebody would have shot, trapped, hit, photographed or found a dead one.

No there are no black panthers in Georgia especially according to DNR. But then if you DO see one and you shoot it you are in big trouble.
There are none period not just in Ga they do not exist.
Cougar coloring is plain (hence the Latin concolor) but can vary greatly between individuals and even between siblings. The coat is typically tawny, but ranges to silvery-grey or reddish, with lighter patches on the under body including the jaws, chin, and throat. Infants are spotted and born with blue eyes and rings on their tails;[35] juveniles are pale, and dark spots remain on their flanks.[33] Despite anecdotes to the contrary, all-black coloring (melanism) has never been documented in cougars.[44] The term "black panther" is used colloquially to refer to melanistic individuals of other species, particularly jaguars and leopards

did someone in the area have a secret pet panther that they didn't want anymore?(people keep odd pets sometimes)
they have a bad snake problem in florida because they put foreign snakes in the swamp if they get too big to take care of

Last edited:
i46.tinypic.com_ngycmd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom