• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Black panthers (4 legged variety)

Side note - it was also said mountain lions weren't in georgia. And I bet armadillos aren't here either. Temperatures are changing and animals move. So chances are they are here but in few numbers.

I know 4 different people who say they have saw one up in cloudland, close to the state line. Some more who say they heard one, all in roughly the same area.

Black panthers that is.

I had a coyote run through my front yard in smyrna, ive seen deer in atlanta city limits, and a bear off 75 at wade green. I dont care what anyone says animals move around and can pop up anywhere.

Thats ok Im not here to make friends I came to buy, sell and trade guns. If I make some friends along the way thats cool to. Looking back I was overly rude to timbgtm. I apologize I should have posted the facts and been done with it in hindsight.

If you're here to buy, sell, and trade guns... Then what the **** are you doing posting in a non firearm related post?

Guy I know asked a DNR officer if there were any panthers in Ga. DNR officer said No. Guy then said so if I see one I can shoot it right? DNR officer said NO call me if you see one.

I have seen a large black cat. You can call it whatever the hell you want, panther, mountian lion, cougar, mutant bobcat or whatever, but I saw a large black cat that was as big as a German Shepherd dog with a really long tail. Several years ago, I was driving between Sardis Ga and Millen GA one afternoon around 4pm on Hwy 23 about halfway between the two towns. I saw a large black cat standing on the left side of the road. I hit the brakes as soon as I saw it to slow down because I had recently hit a deer with my truck on the same road. I thought for a second that I was seeing things, but it was a large black cat. It was about 30 yards in front of me. It ran across the road and into the woods on the right side of the road. I have always heard my grandparents and daddy tell of these large black cats (panthers as they called them) and now I have seen one for myself.
So, call it what you want, call me what you want, but one thing I am not and that is a liar.

There is no such thing as a black panther, never has one been shot or photographed. End of discussion. Also anyone that says they seen one without a doubt I will boldly ask them if there high cause thats the only excuse they would have to see one.

I saw a black panther just like he described in the Everglades in south Florida, at first i thought it was a dog or a bear but bears dont have long tails and the way it walked it was no dog

I have personally had one in my scope. I watched it for about 10 minutes on a piece of property I used to hunt in Morgan County. I had a buddy in the stand with me and he saw the exact same thing through his scope. You can call it a panther or mountain lion or a house cat, but we both saw a very large black cat with an extremely long tail. It was walking around the place where my buddy had shot a deer that morning, and judging by how tall it stood next to the trees, it was as big as the deer he killed. After it finally made its way to the other side of the creek, we got down and got the hell out of there. There were people on neighboring leases that reported seeing the same thing. I would say YES, they are here, but thats just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom