• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Black Talon 9mm

Crazy Horse

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
26   0
Reaction score
Recently my dad purchased a full 20 rd box of 9mm Black Talons and a box of Winchester SXT's, and also box of Remington gold sabers, (so cheap I won't even say). First 9mm Talon's I've seen in a long time!! But my question is........ what is the differece in these rounds (winchester)??? Both look identical, nickel cased and same black coated bullet. I can get some pictures up tomorrow if it would help. Also, anyone know the going rate for 9mm Talons?

from what iv been told, talons and sxt are the same except talons are black and sxt is not. golden sabors are alittle different but id still prefer the sxt. for the talons, i think i usually see about $1.00-$1.50 per round most places i find them.

The talons run about 40 bucks a box. A lot of people think they are the same, they are not. I carry talons. I tested both and the only difference is the talons on the edge of the hollow point have sharp claw like edges.... The sxt bullets do not. Plus the talons have the black coating.

from what iv been told, talons and sxt are the same except talons are black and sxt is not. golden sabors are alittle different but id still prefer the sxt. for the talons, i think i usually see about $1.00-$1.50 per round most places i find them.
Both boxes of the winchesters are the EXACT same, black bullet and nickel cased. WOW so they are actually cheaper to buy than newer hollow points. I'll get some pics up tomorrow and show the comparision of both.

The newer rounds are an improvement. Try to find the PDX1's if you can. I've seen them at Walmart and shops. They're the civilian packaged Winchester Ranger bonded bullet. These do have the "talons" and are much better for barriers/glass/clothes penetration than the original black talons.

Back
Top Bottom