• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Black Talons Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't use it while plinking. I use it when I carry my suppressed pistol to the office. I've tested a lot of subsonic hollow point ammo and the talons sound better to me. Like I said, don't like them? Don't buy them. Don't go jumping on folks just because they like them. You like midgets which I find discusting but if it floats your boat then knock yourself out. :)

I would tend to agree on the db rating of these rounds. I have fired the 147gr sxt rangers ( same round without the black armor piercing coating) through my can and I can def tell the difference from that round to the AE 147 flat nose I normally shoot.

First off no Offense meant, but I find it interesting when people talk about age vs usefulness. I understand that the point you are trying to make is that newer tech in rounds make them do X better, but at what in age (or age of technology) does a round start to suck. People have not gotten more dense since the 90's, they have not become more bullet resistant since the 90's. So a good round that was made in the 90's (or the tech created then) should still be plenty effective.

I regularly use ammo made anywhere from the 40's to the 80's and have never seen anything that would make me think they are bad rounds unless you are talking about .303 british :rolleyes:

I carry ranger t series in several of my guns, it was issued to me first and I have bought more for my other guns. I have seen in the field what those rounds can do and am very impressed.

First off no Offense meant, but I find it interesting when people talk about age vs usefulness. I understand that the point you are trying to make is that newer tech in rounds make them do X better, but at what in age (or age of technology) does a round start to suck. People have not gotten more dense since the 90's, they have not become more bullet resistant since the 90's. So a good round that was made in the 90's (or the tech created then) should still be plenty effective.

I regularly use ammo made anywhere from the 40's to the 80's and have never seen anything that would make me think they are bad rounds unless you are talking about .303 british :rolleyes:

I carry ranger t series in several of my guns, it was issued to me first and I have bought more for my other guns. I have seen in the field what those rounds can do and am very impressed.

When compared to modern defensive ammunition, they just don't perform to the standards of the modern ammo. Yes, in 1991 it was good stuff, but the modern bonded ammunition outperforms it and manages to overcome some of the shortfalls of defensive ammo of that time.

Will it work? Yes. That said, there are better options out there making the asking price of the stuff insane.

Last edited:
i am sure black talons can defend just like modern ammo but its nothing to brag about having though.
i shoot hornady critical defense (i know a lot of people hate the stuff) and i like them but i do not brag about them and show off my magazines full

as time goes by ammo becomes better and more effective thats how it works

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom