• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blackfeather "RS"

www.athenswater.com_evolution_m14ebr.jpg

The 22" rifle will end up in the FDE chassis once a new ORG arrives... this wait has allowed me to try a few things for my CQB-16. The Leupold scout scope with fire dot sits nice & low on the LSP in NightForce rings, and the highest cheek riser Magpul makes is perfect. A set of folding KAC 45 Degree Offset 600 sights are on the way.

The 16 will eventually go into an all new Gun Metal Grey (GMG) chassis.

IMG_5213.JPG

KNAC30079_1.jpg

An unscientific stock comparison for you to ponder.

As pictured USGI synthetic stock with sling, no cleaning kit.
The synthetic stock & sling weigh 3 lbs. 3 oz.
BF-RS with MBSA, + 4 spacers, + 3 accessory rails & rail covers.
The Blackfeather weighs 3 lbs. 12 oz.

Strip the pictured Blackfeather down to it's basic form, and I'm sure it's slightly lighter than your typical synthetic stock. Tension bedding, draw down adjustability, ergonomic grip with room for my pinky finger (easy on the wrist), plus changeable LOP & comb height, and optional accessory rails without a weight penalty.

The sight picture with iron sights is the same in both stocks.

IMG_5247.JPG

The SGA/MBSA weight is 1 lb. 12.6 oz. This includes all 4 LOP spacers, and the highest riser made.

The CTR/HBA weight is 1 lb. 9.5 oz. This includes a thick rubber recoil pad, and a lightweight Ergo grip.
IMG_5250.JPG

IMG_5252.JPG

IMG_5258.JPG

The blackfeather rs is a bad ass system. Maybe this coming year I will be able to swing one. Gotta get some ar rifles and a couple m14 rifles, and a pvs4 sold first lol

Back
Top Bottom