Votes: 28 45.2%
  • No I'm lame

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Yes and tacos

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Lame and tacos

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters
No lines, light crowd. I'd say 30% of the custom guys are gone, many more have low inventory, and several have tons left. No major price reductions or "make an offer" yet.

Too late now but was considering a return visit to pick up a flashlight I looked at on Friday.
Was hoping to get a end of show deal. O well there will be another day.

Great first time attending. Next year for sure. :) Early Bird maybe ...

Anyone there today looking for a fair priced edc fixed blade should check out the Shadow tech booth. They had lots of nice edc options priced less than $100. I know nothing about the company (Ohio based, I believe) but the knives look and feel good for the money. I should have picked up a few of them. The knives and sheaths are made to be carried discreetly.
Booth #209

Been home a while from Day 3. After two days of large crowds and chaos, Sunday seems like a ghost town. No lines, less noise, you can walk the aisles. Like I said, 30% of the custom guys were gone, empty tables were plentiful. Inventory at others was low and limited. Some of the delusional custom guys had lots of inventory left. I kinda felt sorry for them, but dang, price your stuff right and it'll move.

I won a drawing from Smith and Sons for a chef/kitchen knife. I've never won anything before, so that's pretty cool.

I bought a flipper (Kizer Lancer 2) at the Kizer booth. The girl was like "You like? Last day. You want? $120". It's $188 on Blade HQ, so I thought that was pretty legit of a deal.

I bought an Ulti-Clip for one of my holsters, got it home, and half the mounting hardware wasn't in the pack. I shoulda checked, I guess, but I just assumed it all would be in the pack, you know? Oh well, live and learn. I shot Ulti-Clip an e-mail, maybe they'll make it right.

Other than that, not too much shaking. I didn't see any cost cutting or deal making, but I left at noon, so it wasn't crunch time yet.

Blade 2017 was pretty good. I enjoyed it.

One day, you'll be able to sell the knives I've sold you over the years, and you can retire off of the profits! LOL
It's a good thing I'm not a stock broker. Buy high/sell low.
:peace:

The key word here is "sell"... I would have to sell them to reap a profit...:doh:
I have all of them you have "passed on"... I'm a hoarder...:)

Just got back from Blade and I saw something groundbreaking. The Work Sharp designer, Dan, demonstrated his new ceramic sharpening rod with micro-serrator (though that's not exactly the right name).

Here's his demo. Dull a kitchen knife. Sharpen it till it will pop hairs, using whatever sharpener. Make a Sharpie mark halfway down the blade. Pull half of the knife through his micro-serrator and use his ceramic stick to finish the micro-serrations. Now, take a piece of bell pepper, skin-side up. Try to cut the skin with the traditionally sharp edge. Takes a lot of force. Now try the micro-serrated part-- no pressure, just gravity, and a tiny pull and it just drops through the pepper. The difference was night and day. Patented. Fantastic. Coming in September.

The blade will no longer pop hairs, but will allegedly cut for much longer, and obviously much better. I'm pre-ordering, just as soon as it shows up on their web page. I was very, very impressed.

Edit: Actually it is on their culinary web page.

www.worksharpculinary.com

You can get the sticks separately, or included with the belt sharpener kits.

IMG_0166.JPG

I scored the last Freeman in D2.

Back
Top Bottom