Votes: 28 45.2%
  • No I'm lame

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Yes and tacos

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Lame and tacos

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters
I personally witnessed him be very rude to a customer at Blade about 3-4 years ago. Uncomfortably rude, totally uncalled for. It was my 1st Blade Show, I just happened to be in his booth looking at his stuff, and I couldn't believe it.

I witnessed the owner of SOE (John...something.) be a total jackass to an older man last year. He was waaaaay out of line. I bought a belt from them right before it happened and I wished I hadn't bought it.

I'll remember this guy you are talking about and make a point to keep walking if I see his booth.

I'll pass on Medford. If he was rude to me I'd tell him chopper reed style to git ****ed.

Seriously, it looks great. I don't know how you got it in there.

It was a MF'er jumping in and out of it 100 times a day, getting stuff out of the bed.... my newerish truck isn't as cool but it's super practical and still cooler then all the dads in their Carollas in the pickup line.

OK, who are the good guys to deal with? Mostly unknowns but great knife makers? I love to discover and deal with these makers.

Some of the old timers (handmade makers, not the Schrades now made in China) are masters. Don't overlook them! My greatest knife treasures are from the old timers.

Or some others to steer clear from?

There's lots of great folks at the show, but two I'd say to definitely check out is Smith and Sons (family run business out of Louisiana) and Big Chris Custom Knives (no joke, BIG dude out of Tennessee. One man show that works out of his garage). These two builders are just good people, the kind of folks I like to support.

IDK I think he can take you..... I heard Yeager trained him.

2-3 years ago at Blade (I'm getting old, my years kinda run together on me, LOL), I bumped into Yeager on the floor real early, just at opening. He was by himself. I said hello, and I enjoyed his work on YouTube (I can take or leave him, but it was an ice breaker). He couldn't have been more nice or down to Earth. We chatted for a minute or so. He was a very normal guy.

Later, I saw him again, and he had a small posse and a camera crew with him, and he was in "Yeager Mode". They were cruising the booths and shooting segments. The whole scene oozed douchyness.

Kinda goes back to the whole gun/knife "personality" thing, I guess?

:crazy:

Back
Top Bottom