• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blade Show 2023 - June 2-4

LethalEdge

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
344   1
Reaction score
1677255704440.png

Tickets on sale now. Early Bird tickets typically are a sell out (although I am not sure it is worth an extra $25 to get in an hour early).

I hear you. Not sure it's ever been worth it to most table holders. They jack up our price 25 every year and the tables are narrower by 6" (paying more for less real-estate). Then they tack the extra 25 on attendees, I think everyone ought to pay with pennies to make a point.
Anyhow, I'll still be there the whole show so drop by and say hello Table J-5.

I'll be there. Not doing the early bird dance. Folks that early bird typically are into niche makers or the tacticool crowd. That's cool, not knocking them, but neither categories are my cup of tea.

I'm looking forward to it! The knife community are some of the best people you'll ever meet. Good times.

Any chance for a preview of what you're bringing?
I am going to try and have a few things but this will be a first for me since I have only done donations and commissions. Will try to post here before the show on what will be on my table.
Just participated in Last Blade Standing for Pediatric Cancer Research. It was my first real sword but made it through five rounds of chopping, bending, and slicing. (Got to the top 8 out of 64 smiths but was beaten by the guy who came in second.) That is Dave Baker from Forged in Fire who did all the chop tests of our blades and was the main judge.
AF8FB537-839E-44DF-AC18-31BC200F82F7.jpeg
054CE10E-0726-4DB2-990F-1F0DF1477069.jpeg

This will be my first year with a table there! Table 9BB
Plenty of water, throat lozenges, eye drops, and real comfortable shoes for standing (you'll never get a chance to sit). It's pretty exciting for a few minutes then it's work. I'm always thinking I'd rather be standing in front of my forge and anvil than a table, but is what it is.
Keep an eye on things, bring a friend if you can to help watch and allow you breaks. There are a lot of grifters that will try to distract you while their partner snatches something, they often use little kids. Caught one two years ago that had a bag with over 15K of knives in it carried by a 9 year old. Just be alert.
Don't expect to get to run around the show and browse, the show will keep you pretty busy. Bring your own lunch, vendors sell artery-clogger food, (and snacks if you like to nibble). Bit like a good fishing trip - pick up a sandwich and your rod will start dancing.
Wish you the best and hope I get a chance to run by and meet you.

Plenty of water, throat lozenges, eye drops, and real comfortable shoes for standing (you'll never get a chance to sit). It's pretty exciting for a few minutes then it's work. I'm always thinking I'd rather be standing in front of my forge and anvil than a table, but is what it is.
Keep an eye on things, bring a friend if you can to help watch and allow you breaks. There are a lot of grifters that will try to distract you while their partner snatches something, they often use little kids. Caught one two years ago that had a bag with over 15K of knives in it carried by a 9 year old. Just be alert.
Don't expect to get to run around the show and browse, the show will keep you pretty busy. Bring your own lunch, vendors sell artery-clogger food, (and snacks if you like to nibble). Bit like a good fishing trip - pick up a sandwich and your rod will start dancing.
Wish you the best and hope I get a chance to run by and meet you.
Thanks! I've been attending for over 20 years and when I started playing in the forge I really didn't think I would ever get a table. Then decided, as long as I could get in the main room, that I would go for it! They removed my excuses when they agreed not to put me in the "Baller Room" off to the side so now I am committed! I will definitely come see you! I am only going to bring a few things so I can get the hang of it.

Back
Top Bottom