• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blantons whiskey($200) and angels envy ($600) bourbon is trash

I wouldn’t fancy myself a knowledgeable connoisseur of whiskey, but I have gone through times in my life that I’ve invested much more than is heathy. For me, two that strike a beautiful balance between affordability and drinkability are Whistle Pig and Basil Hayden’s. I realize these aren’t top shelf but for the price, they’re about the best I’ve found.

Only thing good in any whiskey is an occasional ice cube.
I agree 99% of the time, but sometimes on a hot day a little bourbon and ginger ale hits the spot. Pappy is really good in a good Ginger ale, but since its been impossible to find at a reasonable price, I haven't had it in a few years.

Makers Mark is also good in Ginger Ale something about the Makers recipe really spices up the spices in the ginger ale. In the summer when fishing I usually put a ginger ale in the cooler and almost always have a flask of whatever bourbon of the day.

I wouldn’t fancy myself a knowledgeable connoisseur of whiskey, but I have gone through times in my life that I’ve invested much more than is heathy. For me, two that strike a beautiful balance between affordability and drinkability are Whistle Pig and Basil Hayden’s. I realize these aren’t top shelf but for the price, they’re about the best I’ve found.
I'm a fan of the Whistle Pig line. I'm also a fan of Blanton's.

Whistle Pig 15 Year > Blanton's @ $200.

Well fifteen minutes ago I decided to see how the other half lives and I ordered the 'Whistle Pig Boss Hog VIII' ($500.00)
They just called me back and Sud jested I try 'River boat' it was more suited for me and my kind of taste!
I said OK, what will it cost me...... he saaiidd - 19.99 and approved on your card.

Disclaimer: drink what you like.

I sell Bulleit. A crapload of it. It helps pay my mortgage.
Blanton’s is far, far superior.
Blanton’s was the first single barrel bourbon released. Bulleit is not single barrel. Not even small batch.
Blanton’s is made by Buffalo Trace, currently widely regarded as the best large distiller. Bulleit is made by ?????
Blanton’s is the reason for the bourbon boom today. If they never existed we’d still be drinking fruity crap named XXXX-tini
Angel’s Envy is made by Lincoln Henderson. Founder of Woodford Reserve. He’s in the Bourbon Hall of Fame for being a distilling bad ass.

Angels Envy 72% corn, 18% rye
Bulleit 68% corn, 28% rye
Blanton’s: unknown but usually 12-15% rye.
if you like the spice of rye you’ll like Bulleit better. I prefer corn, so Blanton’s it is. Plus, the single barrel aspect and additional aging makes it better in my opinion.

You just mad ‘cause you can’t find it?
It really does come down to taste. When I first started drinking bourbon I hated rye. Now as my palate has developed I prefer Bourbons with a high rye mash bill.

Blantons is good. I don’t think it’s worth $200 but if you can find it at the standard MSRP pricing than it’s worth having.

There is a ton of really good quality whiskey for $60 and under. $200-$600 on a bottle usually isn’t worth it to me.

Back
Top Bottom