• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blew my learning curve on a custom sword set!

Just wow bud! Just wow! I earned my Black Belt in Kobujitsu ( weapons fighting ) when I was 19. I don't think I have ever even held a Katana that even looked anywhere near that beautiful. Excellent work! I would have loved to owned that for a display piece back then.

So, I accepted the request to make these when I was about 18mos into the hobby… I was pretty overwhelmed with even the thought of the project! They took me about six months to complete as I would start and stop a LOT!
Finally got them done and delivered yesterday!
Wakizashi and Tanto set with low layer count ladder pattern Damascus San mai , brass fittings, and curly maple handles and sayas with cocobolo accents.
They are “Japanese Inspired” but non traditional construction and they were both fun and challenging!:shocked::doh: (Mainly carving highly figured maple for the sayas!)
My biggest project to date!View attachment 4144331View attachment 4144332View attachment 4144333View attachment 4144334View attachment 4144335
Nice, very nice!! Those are sexy

So, I accepted the request to make these when I was about 18mos into the hobby… I was pretty overwhelmed with even the thought of the project! They took me about six months to complete as I would start and stop a LOT!
Finally got them done and delivered yesterday!
Wakizashi and Tanto set with low layer count ladder pattern Damascus San mai , brass fittings, and curly maple handles and sayas with cocobolo accents.
They are “Japanese Inspired” but non traditional construction and they were both fun and challenging!:shocked::doh: (Mainly carving highly figured maple for the sayas!)
My biggest project to date!View attachment 4144331View attachment 4144332View attachment 4144333View attachment 4144334View attachment 4144335
Those are Beautiful. What do you use to etch your makers mark?

Back
Top Bottom