• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blew my learning curve on a custom sword set!

I have done that a few times with kids… since I am pretty new to this, I think there are some folks WAY better equipped for that than me. They have shops set up for teaching. The one I would recommend is Michael Diebert in Trussville, Alabama. He does a weekend class where you go home with a finished hunting knife. He is a really great guy that I have known for years. I haven’t attended any classes so I am sure guys like him would have a better approach than I might. PM me if you would like his contact but he is on Facebook and Instagram

So, I accepted the request to make these when I was about 18mos into the hobby… I was pretty overwhelmed with even the thought of the project! They took me about six months to complete as I would start and stop a LOT!
Finally got them done and delivered yesterday!
Wakizashi and Tanto set with low layer count ladder pattern Damascus San mai , brass fittings, and curly maple handles and sayas with cocobolo accents.
They are “Japanese Inspired” but non traditional construction and they were both fun and challenging!:shocked::doh: (Mainly carving highly figured maple for the sayas!)
My biggest project to date!View attachment 4144331View attachment 4144332View attachment 4144333View attachment 4144334View attachment 4144335
Nice work!!!

Back
Top Bottom