• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blinking check engine light

Drive it like a maniac for about 20 miles. Use the tried and true "Throttle Tuning" method. If it is not back on then No Worries.

Blinking means severe. Can possibly damage converter.
If it goes out it’s all good for now.

Happens again anytime in the near future it needs checked.

Blinking means it’s a serious problem that needs attention soon, and shouldn’t be ignored.(shouldn’t ignore any).

There a host of things that can cause it, and a host of things that could possibly be damaged.

Save that diagnostic fee and visit Advance Auto and Auto Zone which both do free diagnosis with a scan tool. They can print out the problem codes and list the problem parts. I had a faulty camshaft sensor on my Frontier truck that was built around a re-torqued Altima engine which was notorious for the problem. After the free scan, I bought the part and had a local shop install it. No more problem again.

You gonna burn out a catylitic converter if you drive it. That misfire dumps raw fuel through the converter that then tries to eat it.

I find that a small piece of Duct tape over the blinking light makes it go away. :behindsofa:
You would not believe how many times i have come across that when i had an emissions testing station.
And they would wonder why it wouldnt pass.
Some would go to all the trouble of taking the bulb out. “No light, no problem” :doh:

Back
Top Bottom