Blinking headlights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcfd91

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
67   0
Reaction score
I did a search and didn't see this topic and just wanted to ask.
Do you blink your headlights at on coming traffic to warn them that an LOE is sitting ahead of them running radar? And the second question is is it against the law t blink your headlights and warn people of this?

I do blink mine sometimes, not always. I don't know if it is against the law or not but if they catch you I am sure they can "find" something to write you for if they wanted to.

I do sometimes, depending on if I think of it or not. Always appreciate it when I see it.

Like woz said, if they see you do it, I'm sure they could give you a hard time about it and find something to ticket you for.

I live on a old highway. There is a new highway less than a mile away that goes the same place, but many still use the old and drive WAY too fast. It is not uncommon to have people blasting past my front yard at 65 mph. I make a habit of flashing people on my road for no reason just to slow them down.

I have also been known to make a grandma turn into my driveway a time or two.

Normally, I don't pay any attention to leos and as such, never give much thought to warning other drivers.

depends for me... if they are in a plain obvious spot doing their job then no... i dont. If they being gypsy slinky thieves and hiding in a bush that is the exact height of their care leaving only the officer visible... then yeah... absolutely.

also depends if I agree with the speed limit on a particular road. For example... all those BS 40 mph roads... most folks I know go about 10 over... well if you think you are on a 45 mph road and its 40... your screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom