• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blinking headlights!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is against the law, at night anyway. Failure to dim headlights 40-8-31. The law says you must dim your headlights when an oncoming vehicle is within 500ft or less. I would think that purposely activating your bright lights, even if for only a split second, would fall under this law.

Is it against some "Extra Protection for Barney's Feelings Law" to give a LEO a bird? I want to know if I'm risking another ticket around Ashburn when I pass that fat Turner Co. deputy on I-75 running radar. It's obviously the only way they can raise revenue with all the businesses having fled the area.

I always do....Most Leos I know dont really care if people do it...

Ha a few years back I was riding with my mom and she passed a cop radaring....She being the ever so helpful person she is flicked her lights at the oncoming car to warn them....To which blue lights were flicked back....He just turned them on for like not even a second....I laughed so hard that night....lol
I did this too many years ago. I was like, please don't turn around!

I do for speed traps, but not for check points or things like that. Maybe that's a double standard but I can tolerate speeding. I can't tolerate drinking and driving or not having valid insurance or crap like that.

Used to until I got older,wiser,maybe more mature.Now I NEVER warn.I obey the law.It is made for everyone,not just those who choose to obey it.We teach our kids that it is ok to break the law if we can get away with it.Then we wonder why they don`t do right.I don`t care if it is used to raise revenue.If you speed,you`re breaking the law,no matter what they do with the money.Yep,sometimes I catch myself speeding.If I get stopped,I suck it up,don`t get mad,and don`t make excuses.Secondly,I believe blinking a warning will come under misdeamenor obstruction of justice.

Considering how many Felony warrants are served on traffic stops, I don't flash anybody. For all I know the person I'm flashing could be wanted for murder in multiple states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom