• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blinking headlights!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The purpose of "speed traps" is supposed to be public safety, right? If people see cops running radar and writing tickets, they slow down. People blinking their lights accomplishes the same thing. Cops should be happy for the help.

In the real, revenue generating world, I'm sure some cops would get pissed and find something to write you up for.

I always do....Most Leos I know dont really care if people do it...

Ha a few years back I was riding with my mom and she passed a cop radaring....She being the ever so helpful person she is flicked her lights at the oncoming car to warn them....To which blue lights were flicked back....He just turned them on for like not even a second....I laughed so hard that night....lol

Last edited:
I do use my headlights to communicate with other drivers
If you have your turn signal on and I'm driving behind you If I blink my lights it means I see you and you're clear to move into the lane ahead of me.
If you're waiting to turn left in front of me and I'm coming the other direction I blink my lights to let you know I see you and to go ahead and make your turn.
If I'm coming up behind you in the left lane and I blink my lights it means I have been patient, move over to the right I need to pass and you're impeding traffic, Dummy.
but to warn of a cop ahead? Nope you're on your own

In the state of Ga they cant ticket you for doing 10 miles an hour over the posted limit unless GSP. At 11 miles over they can ticket, although most cops wont ticket until 15 over .... at 15 over it costs ya points I do believe .... so keep it around 13 over and cruise.
^^^That's a myth, I dare you to do 10 or 15 mph over the limit through Whitesburg or Luthersville pal. I bet you don't make it out of either of those towns without a ticket! Just try it, go ahead. My Dad was a LEO and believe me what you're telling folks is a myth. The LEO's in these two towns will ticket you for 3 mph over and you won't beat it in court either.
I dont flash.. they deserve a ticket if speeding...

^^^^This, if you don't want to get a ticket for speeding, don't speed!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom