• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blinking headlights!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are right if you can't stand a ticket don't speed. I speed, I don't hang out in the far left lane. I try to make sure there is always someone around going faster than me. If there is a big rig around I'll try to stay close. I also try not to do more than 10 over. My cruise control is typically at 6-8mph over (on the freeway).

Suwanee, posted speed is 45mph, I'm driving 45mph. Same for some other areas.

I have been driving for 25 years and got 1 speeding ticket (in a speed trap) probably 22 years ago. Trooper of the year was off the road probably 20 yards in a clump of trees on a Sunday morning at roughly 8am. He claims they had been getting complaints of speeders on the road. Being "Trooper of the Year" he of course ticketed me. One of my Deputy friends knew who he was. Funny part was, I was in my SLUG 1968 Skylark 350 - 2 barrel - 2 speed doing 56 in a 45 (if I remember correctly). If I was in my Grand National I coulda been going alot faster. I lived in Ohio and the Skylark was my winter beater. I was going to my buddy's so we could go to "DragonCon" in Cleveland that year.

Last edited:
I will not warn drivers of radar or of police ahead especially in my county after all speeders increase revenue. If there is an accident or something oncoming drivers should be aware of you bet I will warn them.

Just depends on the time and place I guess. Most of the time I flash though, even though people don't pay attention.

I have heard that they can ticket you for "obstruction of justice" for warning other drivers. Not sure if that's true.

When you get to a point in life, just drive the speed limit (or no more than 5 over). I should know, I lost my license in 1978. You don’t make up much time, b/c time is slipping away so fast.

LEO here..still flash....and no it's not illegal.......lots of misinformation in this thread as CCW stated

^^^^This^^^^ I've spoken to LEO's about this before and there is no law against it, but in my opinion morally wrong because you never know if you are letting a murderer or rapist know there is a LEO up ahead and if he's speeding to get away from a crime he committed he needs to be stopped! There's no telling how many criminals have gotten away with who knows what because somebody let them know there was a LEO up ahead by flashing their lights at em'. Not to mention drunk and drugged drivers!

Ps. I used to flash my lights at other drivers until someone else brought these things to my attention. Now I never do it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom