• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blinking headlights!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice the term in that Georgia code "speed detection device" (i.e. radar, laser, Vascar). A patrol car's speedometer is not a speed detection device, so doesn't apply to that law. Officers can pace you and ticket you.

You sure? 'Cause the Georgia General Assembly usually doesn't publish myths...
http://www1.legis.ga.gov/legis/2003_04/gacode/40-14-8.html
Well I stand corrected, but I still dare anybody to try it in Whitesburg or Luthersville.
ding ding ding....correct...

gotta watch out for the fly by night attorney's, doctors, and cops on here who "have" all the answers

I'm not a fly by night atty., doctor, or cop and I don't have all the answers, but I'm man enough to admit if I'm wrong about something.

Notice the term in that Georgia code "speed detection device" (i.e. radar, laser, Vascar). A patrol car's speedometer is not a speed detection device, so doesn't apply to that law. Officers can pace you and ticket you.

And this is why I dare anybody to try to get away with going 10 to 15 mph over the limit in Whitesburg or Luthersville! Or for that matter Palmetto.

I do it every chance I get. If they are a murderer or rapist,... not to make light of anything at all, although, that is the most ridiculous reason to not warn other citizens of a LEO waiting to pounce a $250 ticket on them I have ever conceived. And add $100 on it your a day late in paying it. TOTALLY RIDICULOUS.

The ratio of people with a moral compass Vs. Murderers and Rapists is pretty slight. You also have to figure them in only if they are a "Wanted" criminal, further reducing the percentage. Keep your gun on your person at all times, teach your family and those you care about how to shoot properly and keep on blinking those lights.
IMHO

I do it every chance I get. If they are a murderer or rapist,... not to make light of anything at all, although, that is the most ridiculous reason to not warn other citizens of a LEO waiting to pounce a $250 ticket on them I have ever conceived. And add $100 on it your a day late in paying it. TOTALLY RIDICULOUS.

The ratio of people with a moral compass Vs. Murderers and Rapists is pretty slight. You also have to figure them in only if they are a "Wanted" criminal, further reducing the percentage. Keep your gun on your person at all times, teach your family and those you care about how to shoot properly and keep on blinking those lights.
IMHO

You can think it's ridiculous if you want to, that's your opinion. If you don't want to pay a fine for speeding then don't speed, it's really pretty easy NOT to speed. I learned my lesson about speeding many years ago and I don't have fines to pay anymore. Anybody speeding is more likely to have a wreck and/or kill someone or themselves than someone following the posted speed limits. I live on a road with alot of curves in it and in the last 21 years there have been many accidents where people have died and been badly injured because of excessive speed. And even if only one "Wanted" violent criminal is caught by means of a speed trap, well that's just fine. IMHO what's TOTALLY RIDICULOUS is people having to pay huge fines for speeding or die in a crash when all they had to do was NOT SPEED!

Last edited:
You can think it's ridiculous if you want to, that's your opinion. If you don't want to pay a fine for speeding then don't speed, it's really pretty easy NOT to speed. I learned my lesson about speeding many years ago and I don't have fines to pay anymore. Anybody speeding is more likely to have a wreck and/or kill someone or themselves than someone following the posted speed limits. I live on a road with alot of curves in it and in the last 21 years there have been many accidents where people have died and been badly injured because of excessive speed. And even if only one "Wanted" violent criminal is caught by means of a speed trap, well that's just fine. IMHO what's TOTALLY RIDICULOUS is people having to pay huge fines for speeding or die in a crash when all they had to do was NOT SPEED!

You would be surprised at how many people speed, I used to teach an adult sunday school class, and I taught on Gods law, and how the bible says we are to obey the laws we are under:
Romans 13
1LET EVERY person be loyally subject to the governing (civil) authorities. For there is no authority except from God [by His permission, His sanction], and those that exist do so by God's appointment.(A)
2Therefore he who resists and sets himself up against the authorities resists what God has appointed and arranged [in divine order]. And those who resist will bring down judgment upon themselves [receiving the penalty due them].

3For civil authorities are not a terror to [people of] good conduct, but to [those of] bad behavior. Would you have no dread of him who is in authority? Then do what is right and you will receive his approval and commendation.

4For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, [you should dread him and] be afraid, for he does not bear and wear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant to execute His wrath (punishment, vengeance) on the wrongdoer.

And I had a lady tell me a few weeks later that she never saw that before, and she has stopped speeding.who knows maybe it saved a life.

...but who speeds with a cop riding their rear end? Well stupid question, there's all kinds right. Even with the statute, they can still give you the ticket, it's just up to you to get over to the court house sit around all day and present your case...which for a lot of people with tickets that small just isn't worth the time.

Last edited:
I flash my lights some times if they are running radar. If it is a road block or a cop just sitting there I don't because I always think "what would I do if I tipped off a kidnapper or a drunk driver". So yeah sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. It all just depends.

How do you know your not tipping off a kidnapper or drunk if they are just running radar?

...but who speeds with a cop riding their rear end? Well stupid question, there's all kinds right. Even with the statute, they can still give you the ticket, it's just up to you to get over to the court house sit around all day and present your case...which for a lot of people with tickets that small just isn't worth the time.

Well I stand corrected, but I still dare anybody to try it in Whitesburg or Luthersville.

I'm not a fly by night atty., doctor, or cop and I don't have all the answers, but I'm man enough to admit if I'm wrong about something.

And this is why I dare anybody to try to get away with going 10 to 15 mph over the limit in Whitesburg or Luthersville! Or for that matter Palmetto.

So are you telling us that whitesburg , Luthersville and Plametto enforce the law as they see fit no matter what the Ga code says? And you wonder why people have hard feeling towards LOE and the court system. So in short get screwed by the LOE or screw the Leo!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom