• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blinking headlights!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I have never flashed except for an emergency circumstance ahead.

Before I crossed over to the dark side, I figured that if that other guy got caught, then there would be one less traffic cop to look at me! LOL

You can think it's ridiculous if you want to, that's your opinion. If you don't want to pay a fine for speeding then don't speed, it's really pretty easy NOT to speed. I learned my lesson about speeding many years ago and I don't have fines to pay anymore. Anybody speeding is more likely to have a wreck and/or kill someone or themselves than someone following the posted speed limits. I live on a road with alot of curves in it and in the last 21 years there have been many accidents where people have died and been badly injured because of excessive speed. And even if only one "Wanted" violent criminal is caught by means of a speed trap, well that's just fine. IMHO what's TOTALLY RIDICULOUS is people having to pay huge fines for speeding or die in a crash when all they had to do was NOT SPEED!

Technically speaking you are wrong saying that speed kills. And so is all the propaganda behind it. Saying speed kills literally means that at a certain speed you die. The sudden stop is what kills you. Hit a tree at 55 and your pretty much toast. Hit a water barrier at 80, more than likely you'll live but be in pain. Also you have to consider the following... A rapist, killer, or felon for that matter will 9x outta 10 not be speeding so as not to draw attention to themselves. The only people who pay the damn tickets are those who obey the law and work for a living. I flash my lights and appreciate when others do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom