• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blood mountain Ga. Legal to carry?

I dont remember where/if i did. Ya know how gun laws are not always clear.

They cleared up the jurisdiction problem a few years back though and they cleared it up right smartly!

Now in all 50 states if you're allowed to carry a firearm on state property, you can on federal property too.
(They realized that since there isn't always a marked boundary, making a bad guy out of a good guy because the rules changed without them knowing exactly where it was going to change was kind of silly.)

It was a big deal at the time...

its also where me and everyone else I know go to do mountain runs right up around wolfs pen. I think the whole area is becoming more and more popular with folks looking for places less crowded than the dragon

Blood is too crowded now, it is just like the dragon. I try to keep quite about wolf pen.

Blood is too crowded now, it is just like the dragon. I try to keep quite about wolf pen.

yah the whole area has gotten crowded but thankfully there are still good routes that arnt too bad, though I still do want to go hit some of the more popular ones I've never been on like moonshiners

They cleared up the jurisdiction problem a few years back though and they cleared it up right smartly!

Now in all 50 states if you're allowed to carry a firearm on state property, you can on federal property too.

Your statement is over broad. You can carry on SOME federal property, but not all.

In Georgia, the two most notable exceptions (where you can't carry) is Corps of Engineer land, and buildings in National Parks and Monuments (and other Federal Buildings, especially post offices).

This situation can create some tricky situations, such as a GA. WMA on Corp. property. I don't know of any actual cases, but there certainly is the possibility of getting your arse in a bind. For example, during archery season on a WMA, you can carry a sidearm if you have a GWL. But COE rules is that you can only carry a weapon which is legal for hunting any species in season at the time, which excludes modern sidearms during an archery hunt. Like I say, I don't know the answer for sure, but it's one of those questions I'm not anxious to find the answer for.

Your statement is over broad. You can carry on SOME federal property, but not all.

In Georgia, the two most notable exceptions (where you can't carry) is Corps of Engineer land, and buildings in National Parks and Monuments (and other Federal Buildings, especially post offices).

This situation can create some tricky situations, such as a GA. WMA on Corp. property. I don't know of any actual cases, but there certainly is the possibility of getting your arse in a bind. For example, during archery season on a WMA, you can carry a sidearm if you have a GWL. But COE rules is that you can only carry a weapon which is legal for hunting any species in season at the time, which excludes modern sidearms during an archery hunt. Like I say, I don't know the answer for sure, but it's one of those questions I'm not anxious to find the answer for.

Yes sir you're right, my answer was overly broad I never even thought about the COE type property.
I'm pretty sure if a Federal organization say's no, it means no.
As far as the buildings I was just talking about the woods which is where he was asking about....

that would be my #1 worry

Haha i was primarily thinking about while sleeping at night out there having a shotgun for potential bear issues. However, the shotgun would still be to large (imagine that) to sorta kinda conceal amidst all the gear on my back (even with collapsible stock). I initially thought about just taking a glock 41 (longslide 45acp) but from what i have been reading, the 45 acp fmj is not a valid choice for even black bear. 10 mm or 44 magnum and up per the interweb gurus...i thought the 45 would still kill the soul of a black bear :confused:

Haha i was primarily thinking about while sleeping at night out there having a shotgun for potential bear issues. However, the shotgun would still be to large (imagine that) to sorta kinda conceal amidst all the gear on my back (even with collapsible stock). I initially thought about just taking a glock 41 (longslide 45acp) but from what i have been reading, the 45 acp fmj is not a valid choice for even black bear. 10 mm or 44 magnum and up per the interweb gurus...i thought the 45 would still kill the soul of a black bear :confused:
How often do black bears attack humans in GA?
Probably about as often as Bigfoot does...or do? What's the plural of a Bigfoot? Bigfoots? Bigfeet?

It's where that Hilton bastard murdered that Emerson girl.

It's the highest peak in the Georgia Appalachian trail and lots to see up there.

Some believe it was called blood mountain from bloody battles Of creek and Cherokee Indians while others think it may be from red lichen growing near streams.
Some believe it could be from the treacherous curve of road near the APpalachian trail head.

Beautiful country and it's on the border of Lumpkin and Union Counties.
HATE TO BUST YOUR BUBBLE BUT BRASSTOWN BALD IS THE HIGHEST PEAK IN GA RABUN BALD IS THE 2ND HIGHEST

Back
Top Bottom