• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blood sugar problems? Read this.

BamaFan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
340   0
Reaction score
sub'd.

I cut my carbs down to the bare minimum and still eat all that I want. I stopped eating "bad" stuff and I've lost about 10 lbs or more. Had to make drastic changes bc of horrible blood lab results. Blood sugar levels are definitely coming down. Thanks for the link, I'm going to look at it later when I have time.

This book is excellent.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1983175013/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I started eating a keto diet (low carb) in mid-December and lost about 10 lbs. I recently added intermittent fasting and have dropped another 10. More importantly, my blood sugar is completely normal now.

Interestingly the prescribed "treatment" of diabetes mentions nothing about reversing it - just medicating it. Don't fall for that.
Another good read is The Diabetic Code by Dr. jason Fung (not sure about spelling of the last name).
This book is excellent.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1983175013/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I started eating a keto diet (low carb) in mid-December and lost about 10 lbs. I recently added intermittent fasting and have dropped another 10. More importantly, my blood sugar is completely normal now.

Interestingly the prescribed "treatment" of diabetes mentions nothing about reversing it - just medicating it. Don't fall for that.
Another good read is The Diabetic Code by Dr. Jason Fung. A friend of mine had been on diabetic medicine for years, he went on the Keto diet lost some weight and was no longer diabetic. His doctor hugged him when he was diagnosed as non-diabetic.

Stop the Diet Coke! It's F'n up your system and tricking your body to think you are taking in mass amounts of sugar.

Yep. I've stopped drinking any sodas at all, period. It sucks sometimes but I know I feel a lot better when I don't drink them.

I've pretty much quit drinking alcohol as well. There are days I really want a beer, but when I cave and drink one, I don't even really enjoy it anymore.

Just had full bloodwork done. Healthy as a horse except for High BP. I feel for you guys with "the sugar". It is getting harder to keep the weight off lately. Keep it up. I know blood sugar is a ticking time bomb just like BP. My BP for my physical was 180/110 Doc doubled my med dose on the spot. Family history of cancer, prostate looked great. But I am going in for the "moon river" exam soon. Waiting for my insurance to approve an epidural injection for my latest back issue. Apparently at one time I had a hairline fracture in my L4 at one time or another. It is aggravating my L4 disc which is falling apart on me. Damn. Getting old is tough. Youth and vitality is wasted on the young.

I started keto Jan 2018. I stayed with it pretty strict for about 8-10 months. I have moved more towards "paleo" now, eating some complex carbs like brown rice and sweet potatoes. I didn't hate keto- but- it still seems a little whack- that fried pork skins were good, bananas and apples are bad.

I started at 265 or so- have maintained 210 for the last several months. Just had annual physical, cholesterol was stupid low. Only recommendation was to add Vitamin D. Which made sense, since I gave up milk.

Back
Top Bottom