• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blown Head Gasket

That's what I'm thinking as well after watching some you tube. Haven't had a chance to dig in any more though.

Get some of the ultraviolet dye in the kit that comes with the black light flashlight and special glasses

Wash the engine good with brake cleaner
Wear glasses and gloves and long sleeves
Do NOT get it in your eye or breathe the vapors

Put the dye in the oil and run it for two or three miles and check it with the black light

How long did you run it without coolant ?
If the hose blew and the vehicle was shut off within a few minutes it shouldn’t have done any damage

Get some of the ultraviolet dye in the kit that comes with the black light flashlight and special glasses

Wash the engine good with brake cleaner
Wear glasses and gloves and long sleeves
Do NOT get it in your eye or breathe the vapors

Put the dye in the oil and run it for two or three miles and check it with the black light

How long did you run it without coolant ?
If the hose blew and the vehicle was shut off within a few minutes it shouldn’t have done any damage

Not sure on the coolant leak length. I got the truck like this. As for the leak you can see the oil coming out just above the exhaust manifold. I was planning on cleaning it up some and see of that was the only leak. Think l should still dye test it if l can see that leak?

Fix the cooling problem. Clean the engine and run it. Valve cover gaskets are peanuts, and very likely the problem.

Back
Top Bottom