• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bobcat from trap to trophy

Cool. Bobcats are reclusive and are not seen everyday. Trapping is the best way to get one.

Here's mine. Ol' Bobby. He made his last cruise during deer season back around '09.

20210110_215916.jpg

Good looking cat MRH! Ive let several bobcats walk from the stand because I knew the rifle bullet from a deer caliber usually doesn’t do good things to the pelt. I shot one with a 25-06 once and it blew one hind quarter slap out. Wasn’t no way to buff that out lol!

View attachment 3287696 View attachment 3287699 View attachment 3287702 View attachment 3287703 View attachment 3287704 View attachment 3287707 I trapped a whopping 8 bobcats this season off the same property in under 2 weeks. I had plans to try my first full body taxidermy mount with one. My dad said he wouldn’t mind having me mount this big one for him. This cat was an old, big tom. It was quite an tedious process but I hope I did some sort of justice to recreate him. Im not fully satisfied with the work but I guess for my first full body mount it could have been a lot worse. It is still drying so I have some time to do some tweaking on areas. That’s why the pins are around the mouth. After it dries I will snip the wires through the base, put the whiskers back in and touch up paint around eyes and ears.
It looks good, just hang in there I’m sure taxi is just like anything else the more you do the better.

Good looking cat MRH! Ive let several bobcats walk from the stand because I knew the rifle bullet from a deer caliber usually doesn’t do good things to the pelt. I shot one with a 25-06 once and it blew one hind quarter slap out. Wasn’t no way to buff that out lol!

Thanks, but the big difference here is I did not mount mine. If I attempted to mount something it would not be presentable. Lol

Back
Top Bottom