• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bobcat + Squirrel + Bluegill = Epic Feast

So the pics don’t do it justice... but I fried bobcat, squirrel, and bluegill last night and holy cow! They were incredible! The bobcat was some of the best meat I’ve ever tasted. The flavor was awesome! My wife (who doesn’t hunt) flat out said it was great also, though I don’t have her recorded saying it... she did say it... the squirrel was a bit tough but had great flavor too. And as usual... bluegill... super tasty!

Got the bobcat last year during the season with my 6.5CM... he didn’t move and inch haha

has anyone else tried bobcat?

View attachment 2571695 View attachment 2571696
Have not ever eaten bobcat. However I have eaten at many chinese restaurants.
Have you ever eaten muskrat?

I'm Cajun and even I don't eat bobcat.

iu

im glad you eat the stuff you kill (didnt think people ate bobcat)

whats it taste like? i thought predator mean wasnt all that tasty but if you say its good maybe its the cut and how its cooked?

im glad you eat the stuff you kill (didnt think people ate bobcat)

whats it taste like? i thought predator mean wasnt all that tasty but if you say its good maybe its the cut and how its cooked?

It had the consistency of pork but the flavor was unlike anything I’ve ever tasted... not chewy or anything. I fried the back loins, and I wish I would have kept more of the meat... it was delicious... my wife asked for more... that should tell you something haha

It had the consistency of pork but the flavor was unlike anything I’ve ever tasted... not chewy or anything. I fried the back loins, and I wish I would have kept more of the meat... it was delicious... my wife asked for more... that should tell you something haha
interesting, you said you blasted the kitty 4 months ago? what time of year? im not a hunter and its just curious to me. ive heard of people trying panthers and it not being the best. also in biology they teach you that predators are at the top of the trophic pyramid so to speak and that the base nutrients in their body has already been absorbed several times over (from plant to plant eater to apex predator). this leads to two things

1) the meat of a predator (mammal) is less nutritious than another animal
2) the meat shouldnt taste as good (in theory) to deter the consumption of less beneficial food

but again, this is what i came to understand it as and have no personal experience on the matter. i find it interesting though and if you think its good and you aint a zombie yet well thats good stuff. also good to know you can kill a problem animal and not let it go to waste

interesting, you said you blasted the kitty 4 months ago? what time of year? im not a hunter and its just curious to me. ive heard of people trying panthers and it not being the best. also in biology they teach you that predators are at the top of the trophic pyramid so to speak and that the base nutrients in their body has already been absorbed several times over (from plant to plant eater to apex predator). this leads to two things

1) the meat of a predator (mammal) is less nutritious than another animal
2) the meat shouldnt taste as good (in theory) to deter the consumption of less beneficial food

but again, this is what i came to understand it as and have no personal experience on the matter. i find it interesting though and if you think its good and you aint a zombie yet well thats good stuff. also good to know you can kill a problem animal and not let it go to waste

killed him on December 29.

yeah I’ve heard similar things... I’ve heard coyote is just terrible... but that panther, mountain lion, and other big cats are tasty... so I figured I’d try it... that’s why I cooked other meats that same day in case the bobcat was bad haha but to my (and my wife’s) surprise... no joke... one of the best flavored meats I’ve ever had... and I used very little seasoning so we could taste the actual meat... insanely good.

I also kept the head, I’m going to European mount it. My wife (who is obviously smarter than me) won’t let me show the bobcat head to our cat and tell him this is what happens if you mess up...

Here’s Thunder.
FF026EA4-F3E8-4D70-BD94-B42B8C85513E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom