• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Body Armor or Not?

100% agree. I keep my carrier at the ready close to my rifle. I actually have a "ready" bin too where I keep some other stuff that I may want to get to quickly....gas mask, extra ammo, med kit, water, ect...I use one of those tuff bins I picked up at Home Depot. In fact, I have two of these I made up. One for me and an extra for a friend/neighbor....someone that could jump in and help should the need arise.
I like that idea with the bins, I need to get some gas masks. What do you suggest?

Anyone know what kind of vest this is? I like the way its set up and the shoulder straps look comfy

2003c04b65e558f8646f41f34d8b7462.jpg
Looks like a Mayflower APC to me.

You should be putting cover (that stops vision & bullets) or at least concealment (which only prevents vision) between you and the threat in a gun fight. Expose as little of your body as possible to the threat, armor or not.

Oh certainly. I would recommend staying out of gunfights altogether. LOL...But if cover or concealment are not immediately available and shots are to commence, I would rather be squared off...Or I think I would, anyway.

If anyone has a tight budget and have considered Condor, I will recommend them. Yes they are made in China but the stitching is solid, double and even triple stitched in some places. The shoulder padding is also very decent. Excellent velcro as well. These were my main concerns with a cheaper, Chinese made plate carrier. Mine has held up very well, and I have worn it in south Georgia during the middle of summertime for hours at a time, running around playing John J Rambo. I have owned mine for going on 2 years and it works.

The idea is protection and just because you may be on a budget doesn't mean you can't have protection of decent quality. It holds the plates and holds them nice and high where you need them. I also went with OD green because Ga. is very green. Something else to consider, IMO.

DSC01348.JPG

Oh certainly. I would recommend staying out of gunfights altogether. LOL...But if cover or concealment are not immediately available and shots are to commence, I would rather be squared off...Or I think I would, anyway.
It really depends on the situation:
Ambush? GTFO, if you can't escape, find cover
Forced to clear your house? Pie corners, use angles, etc
Long distance? Find cover or go prone.

Sometimes you might have to fight where there's no cover and the only thing you can do is put accurate fire on the threat until it stops being a threat, how you stand doesn't matter a whole lot. Squared up, knees bent, forward lean (almost like a boxing stance) should help stay on target and control recoil.

It really depends on the situation:
Ambush? GTFO, if you can't escape, find cover
Forced to clear your house? Pie corners, use angles, etc
Long distance? Find cover or go prone.

Sometimes you might have to fight where there's no cover and the only thing you can do is put accurate fire on the threat until it stops being a threat, how you stand doesn't matter a whole lot. Squared up, knees bent, forward lean (almost like a boxing stance) should help stay on target and control recoil.

All good points. As for me, I would probably run backwards zig zag and spray and pray. LOL

Back
Top Bottom