• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Body Armor or Not?

Little word of advice too. If you own body armor you need to shoot in it, train in it. If you ever get to the point of having to wear it especially for an extended period of time it’s gonna break you off if you’re not trained. Shooting is different, moving is different. You need to run your set up and find the failure points of your kit and set it up realistically not all Gucci style. Find something that make sense and stick with a good load out. You should get to your stuff without stopping, looking down, or needing buddy assistance

Little word of advice too. If you own body armor you need to shoot in it, train in it. If you ever get to the point of having to wear it especially for an extended period of time it’s gonna break you off if you’re not trained. Shooting is different, moving is different. You need to run your set up and find the failure points of your kit and set it up realistically not all Gucci style. Find something that make sense and stick with a good load out. You should get to your stuff without stopping, looking down, or needing buddy assistance
A lot of people hesitate to do this if they are at a gun club or public range because they don't want to come across to others like an "operator". I say "F"em. Do it right.

A lot of people hesitate to do this if they are at a gun club or public range because they don't want to come across to others like an "operator". I say "F"em. Do it right.
I agree. Anyone who sees a man working his kit, pushing himself, training, trying, shouldn’t down talk him. If they see him struggling, or have some positive input to share based off experience they should respectfully offer it to him, and everytime I have done such they have been very eager to learn. I want everyone trained and efficient with their tools. Wearing kit IS NOT owned by service members and LEO. I appreciate when I see people wearing kit and pushing themselves. They’re my type of people.

Level III plates are very questionable about stopping 5.56.
Agreed. I’ve seen a lot of YouTube vids of 5.56 tearing through it. Most of it was xm855 I believe.

I know there are better options out there, but they’ll cost you more cash.

I guess it all comes down to what type of threats you anticipate running into and how much money you’re willing to spend.

The good stuff :thumb:
5B3B6711-B86D-4FF5-87DB-644AC9A1EFF8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom