• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BOGO at Academy Sports

Bingo and they aren't even good firearms for their price range.
I spoke with a salesman about it today and I wouldn't water my money on a Turaus but he thought they were great firearms. And said since I dont own one I have no room to talk bad about them.

I spoke with a salesman about it today and I wouldn't water my money on a Turaus but he thought they were great firearms. And said since I dont own one I have no room to talk bad about them.
I've never had trouble from a Taurus but some of their guns do have issues at times. I'd buy another PT111 Gen or G2C if I had a need for one, much easier to have my pistols all take 9mm Glock mags though lol.

Academy lost my business when they wanted my DL info for a knife purchase. Not a quick peek like buying booze. Academy wanted to enter my DL information in to their computer system. Said it was company policy. Needless to say I did not buy the knife from them.

have you returned anything to home depot? they scan your DL

Not really a qualifier for steals and deals, IMO...

The only gun I ever bought at Academy was a Ruger 10/22 for $189 a couple years ago. I don't buy guns from them, but it was my birthday, my Dad wanted to give me something, so he gave me the money for it. It was the same price at WalMart but I chose to buy it from Academy.

I don't hate Academy at all. Their prices are not the best for guns so I don't buy guns there, but they do have lots of other stuff and they are good for blue collar folks like me.

I've purchased knives from Academy and never had them check my license. I would not mind them checking my birth date if it was policy, but anything more than that and they can pound sand.

Back
Top Bottom