• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bolied Crawfish March 26th

I.P. Freely

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
68   0
Reaction score
Tannery Row in Buford.

Just a heads up since I know a few on here like Bolied Crawfish and this is a one day deal. They were pretty big last year and they were seasoned well. They buy the Crawfish from Louisiana. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it.

IMG_20170309_180142.jpg

IMG_20160526_190519064_TOP.jpg

Dang it! Y does it have to be tomorrow! I wanna go but Buford is almost 2 hrs away.

Don't get too worked up. It was pretty bad. After the first 5 or 6, my wife wouldn't even eat hers. About 60% of the crawfish were mushy, about 50% were really small, there wasn't enough seasoning to taste, and about 10% were bad (dead before they were cooked). The vegetables got served 10 minutes late and they were undercooked and overspiced. Only had 3 small pieces of sausage with the vegetables and the 2 half ears of corn were so mushy even I couldn't eat it. Never had carrots or crunchy celery in a cajun boil...

IMG_20170326_141719709.jpg

Now the crabcakes were not bad, although a little greasy. They kept calling it Boudin sausage, but they looked like hushpuppies and tasted like crabcakes...not a sausage casing to be found.

I should have sent the food back, but I just didn't want to create a scene (it was our anniversary). I just won't go back...maybe for anything.

Don't get too worked up. It was pretty bad. After the first 5 or 6, my wife wouldn't even eat hers. About 60% of the crawfish were mushy, about 50% were really small, there wasn't enough seasoning to taste, and about 10% were bad (dead before they were cooked). The vegetables got served 10 minutes late and they were undercooked and overspiced. Only had 3 small pieces of sausage with the vegetables and the 2 half ears of corn were so mushy even I couldn't eat it. Never had carrots or crunchy celery in a cajun boil...

View attachment 1113446

Now the crabcakes were not bad, although a little greasy. They kept calling it Boudin sausage, but they looked like hushpuppies and tasted like crabcakes...not a sausage casing to be found.

I should have sent the food back, but I just didn't want to create a scene (it was our anniversary). I just won't go back...maybe for anything.

Dang man. Sorry to hear that. I at least wanna say Happy Anniversary! Hope the rest of y'alls day is better!

View attachment 1113446

Dang dude! Sorry to hear that! That sucks! Hope y'all still have a happy anniversary bro!

Back
Top Bottom