• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Boling Bridge damage? What hit it?

furious

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.
261   0
Reaction score
I know that the old steel bridge has been targeted for demolition sometime in 2019. The work on the new bridge is underway. It's sad to see it go away. I remember back when it had a grate surface and you could see through the bottom.

I was on it today and saw serious damage to every single beam like a huge truck had hit every one. Does anyone know what did it? Whatever did it was heavy, strong and had a driver that didn't give a f#@k.

There's also the issue of the nesting Osprey on top of it. There's two huge nests up there. I'd like to hear what the plans are for the big birds.

z1104boling3.jpg

Just like Brown's bridge and recently the 53 bridge. Might have been an excavator.

You tube "11foot8"

LOL
That reminds me of an old Jerry Clowar story about the Ledbetter boys.

Marcell Ledbetters daughter was heartbroken by some fella named Clarence who lived over in Alabama. So Marcell and his brother Raydell decided to drive over and teach Clarence a lesson. The got in their old truck and took the backroads over to Alabama. As they were getting close to the state line they came across an old train tressel with a big yellow sign on it that said "WARNING! Clearance is only 11'. Marcell slammed on the brakes, hit the ditch on both sides of the road turning that old truck around, Looked over at Radell and said "Did you see that sign!?". Raydell was shocked as well and said "ONLY 11 foot!? How big do they grow them boys over here!?"

Of course I'm paraphrasing. It's only been about 30 years since I've heard that story. ;)

Back
Top Bottom