• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Book Review: Handloading for Competition

magna750

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
58   0
Reaction score
i51.tinypic.com_qntmb5.jpg

In case you have never heard of this book, let me tell you now, it is a must have! I have been reloading since the early '80's and this book has not only answered many questions I always had, but showed me some big things I was unknowingly doing wrong.

Don't let the "competition" part fool you, this is for ANY reloader. Just as automotive technology is driven by racing, hand loading technology is driven by competition.

This has the most detailed tech breakdowns and how to's of any book on the subject that I am aware of. Also, it is written in plain old "good ole boy" English and is very accessible and easy to read.

If you are new to reloading this should be the 1st thing you buy as it covers equipment selection and what tools are worth the money and which aint.

Buy it!

Thanks for the Great info. I picked up the tricks by shooting with the bench boys and asking questions after matches (be sure to hold all questions until after a match!). I sure wish I had a book like this when I started, might have saved some money.

Thanks for the Great info. I picked up the tricks by shooting with the bench boys and asking questions after matches (be sure to hold all questions until after a match!). I sure wish I had a book like this when I started, might have saved some money.

Those bench rest guys are like a pack of mad scientists (or alchemists!) They know their stuff and in that sport handloading either makes you or breaks you and nothing in between. I have never had a chance to hang out with them, but they would certainly be a good source of info.

Back
Top Bottom